gt ranked in this top 25...

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know a few are probably thinking this is bad because we always seem to fall apart when ranked. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but I live with one who feels this way. I say that if we want to play with the big boys then we have to get past this fear of recognition of our accomplishments. I like being considered the underdog as well as the next person but I also like when we are given the respect we deserve.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I know a few are probably thinking this is bad because we always seem to fall apart when ranked. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but I live with one who feels this way. I say that if we want to play with the big boys then we have to get past this fear of recognition of our accomplishments. I like being considered the underdog as well as the next person but I also like when we are given the respect we deserve.
And unlike other programs, this respect has been earned and not defaulted into the program.
I, myself tend to think it doesn't bode well for us in the past when we become ranked and I need to get past this mindset.
Everyone within the program needs to know that after the 2015 debacle, out of 110+ division 1 football programs we are the 24th best and earned it along the way.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
LSU gave up their FCS game to reschedule UF, so I'm confident saying they should be ranked like an 8-4 team, not a 7-4 team. And these are power rankings. The tigers were hot to end the season for sure.

Who did they beat? Texas A&M and Ole Miss? To me they didn't really prove anything, their schedule was weak. The only team they played was Florida, and they lost that game.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Who did they beat? Texas A&M and Ole Miss? To me they didn't really prove anything, their schedule was weak. The only team they played was Florida, and they lost that game.

You're right in that they didn't beat any great teams. But they clobbered a couple good teams in aTm and Arkansas. Not to mention they held Bama to their lowest point output of the season. Yes, they were shut out. But if we had hosted Bama and lost 10-0, I think we'd feel pretty good about our showing.

Just saying, I wouldn't want to play LSU right now.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
LSU gave up their FCS game to reschedule UF, so I'm confident saying they should be ranked like an 8-4 team, not a 7-4 team. And these are power rankings. The tigers were hot to end the season for sure.
I had the same thought on LSU's record but looked it up to be sure. South Alabama is .500 Sun Belt team, not FCS but agree they probably win that game.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Bama and they arguable played the best game against them as anyone.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Decent poll. Don't think FSU should be behind Pitt or USF though. These are "power rankings" after all and FSU would beat most teams right now. GT is better than a lot of teams on this list as well so I'm not sure why they are power rankings and not just listed as "some random CBS poll"

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I can understand these guys saying that Pitt's year is "bipolar" but they are amateurs compared to Tech. One professional handicapper stated this year that Tech is one of the most difficult teams to handicap. That said, I am very happy about our year. Anytime you beat Virginia Tech and UGA in the same year it is probably going to be a good team. Just once, I would like to beat Miami, UGA, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and UNC. That would really be something. Just beating three of that bunch would make for a very good year. As far as the poll is concerned, I can understand them ranking LSU. The Tigers have more talent than just about anybody this side of Alabama. Problem is, they squandered it in a manner more commonly seen with UGA.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't know what to think about LSU to be honest. I watched them get physically manhandled by Wisconsin. It wasn't just a bad game. They got pushed around. It wasn't as close as the score by any stretch.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what to think about LSU to be honest. I watched them get physically manhandled by Wisconsin. It wasn't just a bad game. They got pushed around. It wasn't as close as the score by any stretch.

Yes, they are, with apologies to Winston Churchill, an "enigma wrapped in a riddle". They got pushed around and outplayed until the very last play when the Wisconsin player intercepted the pass and well after the whistle, an LSU offensive lineman sucker punched the Wisconsin player with considerably more force than he probably displayed in blocking anyone that afternoon.