GT Ranked 48th in Preseason SP+ Projections

How was CPJ “basically put down”? Sound like you and CPJ both have thin-skinned
First, I think it was an insult in the spring game to come out in his offense and then shift out of it. It was not designed as a tribute. Second, the constant "this is the biggest turnaround in the history of college football"....CPJ could have said the same back in 2008 as his offense was a total change from Chan's.....I could go on, but throw into it the silly things we began to do, like lifting weights on the field before the Clemson game and then getting shellacked back in 2019. We were the laughing stock of ESPN.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
First, I think it was an insult in the spring game to come out in his offense and then shift out of it. It was not designed as a tribute. Second, the constant "this is the biggest turnaround in the history of college football"....CPJ could have said the same back in 2008 as his offense was a total change from Chan's.....I could go on, but throw into it the silly things we began to do, like lifting weights on the field before the Clemson game and then getting shellacked back in 2019. We were the laughing stock of ESPN.

Everyone at the Spring game knew exactly, what it was when it happened. That sound like a you problem.

Ummm... when you have teach basic fundamentals on both sides of the ball like a shotgun snap, kick slide, proper tracks, 5 & 7 step drops outta gun, along having players having to gain 30-40lbs just an avg size P5 then yeah “the biggest transition in 40yrs is not far fetched” Again, you’re speaking as if transitioning from the flexbone would be a scorch and burn was myth. Not only the scheme had to transform the type of players did too. For some reason, you thought we we were going go along and run Tobias left, Tobias like we tried vs. Clemson & Temple and find ourselves in ACC contention. Lol No! The entire program needed restructuring from teaching the basics to repairing/building relationships with GA HS.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Psss.... we were laughing stock at longer than that. CPJ threw plenty of shots at Gailey and last coaches. Why you think he’s tweeting now

Everyone at the Spring game knew exactly, what it was when it happened. That sound like a you problem.

Ummm... when you have teach basic fundamentals on both sides of the ball like a shotgun snap, kick slide, proper tracks, 5 & 7 step drops outta gun, along having players having to gain 30-40lbs just an avg size P5 then yeah “the biggest transition in 40yrs is not far fetched” Again, you’re speaking as if transitioning from the flexbone would be a scorch and burn was myth. Not only the scheme had to transform the type of players did too. For some reason, you thought we we were going go along and run Tobias left, Tobias like we tried vs. Clemson & Temple and find ourselves in ACC contention. Lol No! The entire program needed restructuring from teaching the basics to repairing/building relationships with GA HS.
And you should know that switching to CPJs offense required re teaching players as well. Scoop blocking. Coming out of three point stances. Arc blocking. Mesh. Reading option keys etc. I would call that a re-tooling as well. Most players under CPJ and current staff came from playing a similar offense to what we run now in high school.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Laughing stock that everyone was terrified to play and had to dedicate 30 percent off their season to preparing for. Laughing stock that won 11 games and an Orange bowl.
Who was terrified? Cutcliffe? Richt? Dabo? Oh it must been Rick Stockstill

That count as 1 season. He coached 11. He didn’t build of that season finishing 24-25 the next 4yrs and fell below .500 in ACC. It is ok that you’re a of CPJ and TO, but this delusion got to stop man.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Image result for beating head against wall gif

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Who was terrified? Cutcliffe? Richt? Dabo? Oh it must been Rick Stockstill

That count as 1 season. He coached 11. He didn’t build of that season finishing 24-25 the next 4yrs and fell below .500 in ACC. It is ok that you’re a of CPJ and TO, but this delusion got to stop man.
Sort of like the Citadel huh.
Y'all want to figure this out in your PM's? For the sake of everyone.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
And you should know that switching to CPJs offense required re teaching players as well. Scoop blocking. Coming out of three point stances. Arc blocking. Mesh. Reading option keys etc. I would call that a re-tooling as well. Most players under CPJ and current staff came from playing a similar offense to what we run now in high school.

Lol you don’t have clue.

You are taught scoop/ reach blocking first day peewee. Guys were doing that under Gailey, every other offense in America. Go look up what mesh and get back to us. Every team use an arc block bruh lol.

No one in the modern era is teaching 100% weight on your hands in a 3 pt stance while trying to pass block or reverse pivot on pass drop.

2ndgenjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
And this goes back to my first post today about the discussion I had with GTAA.......Never speak unless you know to whom you are speaking CG.
I mostly just read this message board and don’t respond. i used to really enjoy reading your messages and was entertained by your fandom and especially your helmet and jersey memorabilia artifacts. Somehow you went off the rails. You act like GT never went thru down periods and what I really don’t understand is you seem angry that GT is going to pass the ball vs. running the ball 3 or 4 times every possession and therefore have declared the coach a loser.

I notice you didnt name your first favorite QB. Mine was Eddie McAshan. Watch the 1970’s highlight films someone put on here a few months ago or maybe you saw those in person like me. Even before Eddie, Lotheridge and Kim king passed the ball. mike Kelly, dewberry, joe ham, godsey all threw the ball. The game has changed favoring the pass. This started years ago when all the high schools began the 7 on 7 summer games. GT lost to Ga state shortly after and everyone said no problem. Well it was a problem because that’s how the game is played now.

regardless of whether Collins is the right guy, repeatedly pushing your agenda of we suck because we won’t run the ball 3 times really gets old and I thought you were better than that.

I mostly just read this message board and don’t respond. i used to really enjoy reading your messages and was entertained by your fandom and especially your helmet and jersey memorabilia artifacts. Somehow you went off the rails. You act like GT never went thru down periods and what I really don’t understand is you seem angry that GT is going to pass the ball vs. running the ball 3 or 4 times every possession and therefore have declared the coach a loser.

I notice you didnt name your first favorite QB. Mine was Eddie McAshan. Watch the 1970’s highlight films someone put on here a few months ago or maybe you saw those in person like me. Even before Eddie, Lotheridge and Kim king passed the ball. mike Kelly, dewberry, joe ham, godsey all threw the ball. The game has changed favoring the pass. This started years ago when all the high schools began the 7 on 7 summer games. GT lost to Ga state shortly after and everyone said no problem. Well it was a problem because that’s how the game is played now.

regardless of whether Collins is the right guy, repeatedly pushing your agenda of we suck because we won’t run the ball 3 times really gets old and I thought you were better than that.
First I did name my first QB, Williams and Eddie so do a little research before posting. There was no thread about favorite QB but if I had to name just one it would be Hamilton for obvious reasons. My comments about what is going on has nothing to do with running the ball versus throwing. It has to do with the constant bashing of a coach that brought more success to Tech in the modern era than any other coach. Also because I happen to know Tech and football more than most...including some posters that claim otherwise, I understand our current offense will fail as it did for Bill Lewis. We have to out scheme, as even Bobby Dodd knew. And after 2 seasons I am correct so far.

As for running vs passing, the game has not changed....if you can't run the ball you can't win...just examine the Big 12. Bottom line is I don't want to go through more losing seasons and irrelevancy while we try out an experiment that will fail. We can't out recruit UGA, Clemson, UNC, UVA Va Tech Miami etc. We never have. We beat them because we out smarted them with scheme. As did Bobby Dodd.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Lol i repeat @Coloradojacket doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about?

We’ll never outrecruit UVA, VT, & UNC? You need to stay out of those Colorado dispensaries
I can see us possibly consistently recruiting to the level/outrecruiting VT and UVA (maybe considering we've never landed a 5 star and both of those have).
UNC? I don't think so. They were 13th ranked last year and 14th currently. But maybe. You know the ins and outs of the program better than most on here. Do you think we will get to the level of UNC consistently eventually?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I can see us possibly consistently recruiting to the level/outrecruiting VT and UVA (maybe considering we've never landed a 5 star and both of those have).
UNC? I don't think so. They were 13th ranked last year and 14th currently. But maybe. You know the ins and outs of the program better than most on here. Do you think we will get to the level of UNC consistently eventually?

I guess your looking 247

UNC in the last decade per rivals:

‘12- 44
‘’13- 42
‘14- 23
‘15- 28
‘16- 22
‘17- 30
‘18- 23
‘19- 31
‘20- 12
‘21-15

avg recruiting ranking of 27- yeah i believe we can recruit like this consistently

Scubapro

Banned
First I did name my first QB, Williams and Eddie so do a little research before posting. There was no thread about favorite QB but if I had to name just one it would be Hamilton for obvious reasons. My comments about what is going on has nothing to do with running the ball versus throwing. It has to do with the constant bashing of a coach that brought more success to Tech in the modern era than any other coach. Also because I happen to know Tech and football more than most...including some posters that claim otherwise, I understand our current offense will fail as it did for Bill Lewis. We have to out scheme, as even Bobby Dodd knew. And after 2 seasons I am correct so far.

As for running vs passing, the game has not changed....if you can't run the ball you can't win...just examine the Big 12. Bottom line is I don't want to go through more losing seasons and irrelevancy while we try out an experiment that will fail. We can't out recruit UGA, Clemson, UNC, UVA Va Tech Miami etc. We never have. We beat them because we out smarted them with scheme. As did Bobby Dodd.
Lots of folks will look pretty stupid making excuses for Geoff when his tenure ends with less than 15 wins.
Can the man recruit? Tough to say if he can bring in top 20 classes consistently. I do know if he doesn't manage more than three wins a season he won't.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Lots of folks will look pretty stupid making excuses for Geoff when his tenure ends with less than 15 wins.
Can the man recruit? Tough to say if he can bring in top 20 classes consistently. I do know if he doesn't manage more than three wins a season he won't.
Man that’s harsh. He will not be the 3 win version of Chan. He’ll make at least 20 wins by year 5, probably the over under is 23. Realistically at a minimum he should reach 25. I’m not sure how much upside there is as a lot has to do with how long he holds onto Goober. If I was putting money on CGC right now I’d say he’s likely a 6.5 win per year HC (subtracting these two 3 win seasons), possibly on par with Curry by the time he gets experience under his belt. We’ll have 7 win seasons more often than we’ll have 5 win seasons And we’ll compete most of the time. I don’t see him at the level of Chan, O’Leary, Ross or CPJ,

2ndgenjacket

Georgia Tech Fan

The game has changed. To ignore that is to ignore the obvious. When they let o linemen go 3 to 5 yds downfield on RPOs the game changed.

I am not biased towards a scheme so I’d take any success at this point even if it meant looking like a Big 12 team...Name an ACC team other than Clemson that Oklahoma, Iowa state, okie state wouldn’t regularly beat? It must be either really cool or depressing to go thru life clairvoyant and apply that talent to predicting GT football (‘understand our current offense will fail’).

In my opinion, GT has historically won based on having a good college QB, an opportunistic defense and the whole team plays with all heart. I think we have the QB and we will see if we get there with the defense.