Article GT Preview: Quarterback

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Do we have anyone who can catch all these passes?

I also am optimistic about the WR core...

I expect Smelter to add some help...we also have Waller, Summers, Messick and Jeune. Hopefully we can find two good guys out of that group.

We will also expect more out of the A-back's and I think they can be depended on...Godhigh, Andrews, Hill, Bostic and Days all have shown good hands.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I don't agree with that...Vad isn't a kid that needs that kind of motivation. Thomas will be on the field in some packages this year. He is too gifted not be...I think the combo of Thomas and Lee is going to keep some DC's up late at night.

Have to agree 100% with Eric on this.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I doubt we would run JT out there on 4th down as a change of pace guy. Vad is much larger and on 4th and short, size will usually trump speed.

I fully expect (and honestly, I hope) that we do run a few plays per game with JT just as a change of pace guy...to give the opposing team something to scout and something else to worry about. He certainly has the speed to take it to the house on any play.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't agree with that...Vad isn't a kid that needs that kind of motivation. Thomas will be on the field in some packages this year. He is too gifted not be...I think the combo of Thomas and Lee is going to keep some DC's up late at night.

I doubt any DC's are going to be worried about JT until he proves he can be effective in a D-1 game...some of you guys are going overboard about his abilities. He may well be the 2nd coming of Pat White but DC's are thinking of Barry White as much as JT.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I doubt any DC's are going to be worried about JT until he proves he can be effective in a D-1 game...some of you guys are going overboard about his abilities. He may well be the 2nd coming of Pat White but DC's are thinking of Barry White as much as JT.

Well obviously I meant later in the season as I said the combo of Lee/Thomas. As we will see them both on the field.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Yeah especially with that 4 game meat grinder we have as a schedule, it'll be hard for JT to get on the field unless we have some foreseeable meltdown at QB or a complete blowout (that would be nice).

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Vad Lee's helmet will come off against Duke. JT will come in and connect on a perfect 40 yard strike at the sideline against Duke's All-ACC DB. CPJ leaves him in. JT then runs a zone read blows past Duke's off-balance D with his blazing speed. Vad next plays the week before the U[sic]Ga game. ... Barring that, I expect Vad to be our starter with occasional change-of-pace packages from JT.