GT @ PITT (2/21/2023) GAME THREAD

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
This ones gonna be tough. Pitt is one of the better teams in the ACC this year, and it's on the road. We also usually never play well coming off a win.

Just hope we don't lay down and die.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Jamarius Burton can be a beast at times. We can try to limit him, but need to be careful that we don't allow Hinson, Cummings or Sibande go off. Franklin could be key for us as Federico x2 is their only big and he's not that good and foul prone. Would like to see Kelly in attack mode and fingers crossed Deivon can go full speed tonight.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Has anyone heard of Smith will be able to play tonight? It'd be good to have his quickness on D and in the fast break.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Why in the name of all things holy was Terry in the game with 8 mins left in first half, down 6 and he already has three boneheaded fouls? His fourth may have been one of the lowest BBIQ plays I've seen in decades, but Pastner can't put him on the court to make that mistake

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Why in the name of all things holy was Terry in the game with 8 mins left in first half, down 6 and he already has three boneheaded fouls? His fourth may have been one of the lowest BBIQ plays I've seen in decades, but Pastner can't put him on the court to make that mistake

Why bother to sit him? Sitting players because of foul trouble is a dogma that just seems silly. You're just taking players off the floor for fear that they may get a foul that takes them off the floor.

In any case, if Terry was playing well you could maybe argue that saving him would help, but as he's playing this game there is no point in saving him.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My question is why in game 27 are we now just beginning to play up to our capabilities? Playing Howard all those games with the Princeton offense ruined this team. We weren't going to make the NCAA's anyway but kind of sad that we wasted so many games with a bad scheme.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Dogma? I guess you know more about hoops than every high school and college coach out there. Any other pithy words of wisdom you'd like to pass along?

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Dogma? Pithy? Holy thesaurus Batman! I can't wait for next week's episode......

riddler GIF

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Dogma? I guess you know more about hoops than every high school and college coach out there. Any other pithy words of wisdom you'd like to pass along?

Well, if the collective pinnacle of human intelligence that is highschool coaches believe it...

daddee724

Georgia Tech Fan
My question is why in game 27 are we now just beginning to play up to our capabilities? Playing Howard all those games with the Princeton offense ruined this team. We weren't going to make the NCAA's anyway but kind of sad that we wasted so many games with a bad scheme.
You're being nice..... by not counting the games from last season

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Why bother to sit him? Sitting players because of foul trouble is a dogma that just seems silly. You're just taking players off the floor for fear that they may get a foul that takes them off the floor.

In any case, if Terry was playing well you could maybe argue that saving him would help, but as he's playing this game there is no point in saving him.
Because the opponent will call plays directed at a player with 3 fouls knowing he cannot play aggressive defense with so much time left.