GT @ Ole Miss

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Quite early question. Does anyone know where the band might sit at Vaught-Hemingway stadium?

I'm thinking section S/S1 here so they aren't by the Ole Miss band.

Screenshot_20230602_105448_Chrome.jpg

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Additional question. Is there a designated GT hotel for the game?
The GT Sports Tours (GT's new overpriced travel agency) trip is staying at The Peabody in Memphis. I think that's as close as you'll get to an official hotel as far as fans are concerned. If you want to stay in the same building as the team/coaches, I don't have that info.

Every away game I've been to, the away sections have been effectively general admission so you'll probably be able to just sit near the band when you walk in the stadium if that's where you want to be.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Additional question. Is there a designated GT hotel for the game?
IDK depending on which direction you are coming from I'd stop off in Batesville to the west or Tupelo in the east. Might be more affordable. Book now though.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'm coming from Atlanta so Batesville is on the wrong side. Ideally it'd be somewhere I could get an Uber to/from.
You'll be paying a TON of money. For perspective VRBOs and AirBNBs are going for $1,000+ a night anywhere within 10 miles of Oxford. If you want an entire place. If you want to risk renting a partial space then it can be found cheaper.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I thought this was about the game-- so I winced a bit this week to think we lost 2 more transfers to the Rebs which were not a small loss.Not onl in talent but also in knowledge they have about us and our personnel.May not make much difference but certainly is not good.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The GT Sports Tours (GT's new overpriced travel agency) trip is staying at The Peabody in Memphis. I think that's as close as you'll get to an official hotel as far as fans are concerned. If you want to stay in the same building as the team/coaches, I don't have that info.

Every away game I've been to, the away sections have been effectively general admission so you'll probably be able to just sit near the band when you walk in the stadium if that's where you want to be.
We stayed in nice olde time hotel in Jackson.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’m anticipating rolling solo for this. Is there a Swarm tailgate planned for this game or do you just roll into The Grove wearing white and gold and start getting beer and food tossed at you in every direction from Ole Miss fans? I’ve never been but I hear it’s the most picturesque tailgating scene in college football.

Gonna book an Airbnb east of Oxford I think and probably drive in both Friday evening and Saturday.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm making the trip over with a dozen fellow Jackets fans, also got an Airbnb east of town. I would highly encourage everyone to make an effort to be at this game — bringing a big contingent from ATL for a national TV game like this could go a long way toward improving the general perception of our fanbase. Plus, I want other GT people to hang with at the Grove and the game!

As far as the section goes, it seems as though S and S1 are typically for visitors. That's probably where GT parent tickets will be, so I was planning on migrating over there before kickoff regardless of where my tickets technically are (I employ this same strategy in athens). As mentioned above, schools generally don't care who sits where within the visitors' section.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I hate that we are playing this game.

My favorite teams are TECH, then Mississippi State, then Ole Miss. I'm always conflicted when we play the Rebs; I always root for Tech, but is just seems off somehow. It is even worse when we play MSU; how can I not root for the Good Dogs (my Dad's old team)? Tech always come s out on top but I have a hard time getting the right mixture of hatred and contempt that I have in, say a Ugag or Puke game.

This, of course, is why I'm not going to the game. I may not even watch it on tv.

Btw, those of you with recent high school grads mind my advice to parents: never let them go to Ole Miss for a football weekend or to Colorado during ski season. If you do they will go to one of those schools. Period. I have evidence on this.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You'll be paying a TON of money. For perspective VRBOs and AirBNBs are going for $1,000+ a night anywhere within 10 miles of Oxford. If you want an entire place. If you want to risk renting a partial space then it can be found cheaper.
I need a place to sleep for 2 people. That’s it. No kitchen or anything else. Two beds. I haven’t even begun to look. Is it really that bad?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'm making the trip over with a dozen fellow Jackets fans, also got an Airbnb east of town. I would highly encourage everyone to make an effort to be at this game — bringing a big contingent from ATL for a national TV game like this could go a long way toward improving the general perception of our fanbase. Plus, I want other GT people to hang with at the Grove and the game!

As far as the section goes, it seems as though S and S1 are typically for visitors. That's probably where GT parent tickets will be, so I was planning on migrating over there before kickoff regardless of where my tickets technically are (I employ this same strategy in athens). As mentioned above, schools generally don't care who sits where within the visitors' section.
THIS. People let's show up!