GT @ Ole Miss

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I saw an Ole Miss student with a "Puck Tech" shirt on. Wouldn't "Tuck Fech" have made more sense? Like the standard "Duck Fuke" phrasing? That looked pretty stupid to me.

I listened to our radio broadcast last night so watched it again today with the telecast on GT Bob's channel. I didn't catch the announcers calling Lammers Josh, but they supposedly were doing that. At least in the first half they consistently called him Ben, does anyone know when they were screwing it up?
The "LAMMINATOR!!" Heard it 10'times

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I saw an Ole Miss student with a "Puck Tech" shirt on. Wouldn't "Tuck Fech" have made more sense? Like the standard "Duck Fuke" phrasing? That looked pretty stupid to me.

I listened to our radio broadcast last night so watched it again today with the telecast on GT Bob's channel. I didn't catch the announcers calling Lammers Josh, but they supposedly were doing that. At least in the first half they consistently called him Ben, does anyone know when they were screwing it up?
I only remember hearing it once for sure, but maybe they said it more than once. I think it was just a slip after talking about JO.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer

I'm not surprised that they couldn't figure that out;) The only thing Ole Miss has going for them these days are their top shelf coeds. They're living in the past about their football program and their basketball program has always been mediocre while their baseball program is mediocre also.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer

I heard them call him Josh in the pregame.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

yeah, Fraschilla called him Josh Lammers at least twice in the 1st half

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Okogie is up to 564 points - 4th all time among GT FR. Needs 4 points to pass Mark Price for 3rd place. (he will not catch Anderson - 721 or Marbury - 679).
Rich Yunkus had 603 his first season, but that was at a time that FR were ineligible to play and so it was his SO year of school. Dennis Scott is 5th with 496.

If I recall, the 3 point rule was experimental in the ACC for Price's freshman year---but did they include three point goals in the official stats? The NCAA did not adopt the 3 point rule until later.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Great game again! Lammers is a blocking machine and not only can score in the paint but can step back and hit the jump shot. Okogie played smoothly last night...I have to remind myself that he is only a freshman. JAX is tough...physical body, amazing how he can post up in the paint at his height. Always love how he's aggressive about taking the ball to the basket. He could have a monster year next year if he works hard in the off season. Q has had a good stretch the last couple of good. The team played as whole very tough D...love Corey's tenaciousness. Look forward to seeing them play next week.