GT @ Ole Miss

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Just a great game. Entire team was playing so aggressive. All those diving after loose balls, fighting for balls being chucked up in the air with bad passes. This team wanted to win badly. Ole Miss couldn’t do anything on our D other than Saiz but they didn’t go to him as much as they should plus our help defense was tremendous with multiple strips when he did get it. Their 3’s weren’t falling but they were rushing every shot.

Remember the old Gregory timeouts that you knew were going to result in an immediate turnover or shot clock violation? Every time we came out of a timeout we had a play that gave us an easy wide open basket to silence their run. Just a tremendous coaching job. I finally don’t have to throw things every time I see us call timeout.

We had 7 guys play great basketball. Moore was excellent early on with his aggression. Had to pull him to calm him down but he made some great defensive plays. Heywood was incredible all night on the defensive end. Jax made some huge shots in the low post, made some great defensive plays, and some tremendous assists. Stephens was really efficient. Not a ton of points but got 10 on a high shooting percentage and 2 big 3’s to stretch the D out. Lammers and Okogie put up monster stats. Heath had some great assists, a few steals, and just seemed to keep the entire team under control especially when we got a little too excited running and throwing up bad shots. I love watching basketball with this kind of team play.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like how Q didn't let the chants of airball get to him. He sank one or two more 3's after that big whiff early on.

Seeing as how McCamish picks on one guy on the opposing team with the same chant every home game, I'm sure it just made him feel like he was playing back home.

Q has had a nice run in the NIT. Actually, all of the Big Four has. They're all playing good basketball at the right time. Makes you wonder what we could have done in the Big Dance.

MISSOURIJACKET

Georgia Tech Fan
I was out last night so I didn't get to turn on the game until 39 seconds were left (i'll watch the whole thing tonight). But i am taking credit for the win since I made sure to wear my lucky GT shirt tonight - I believe the team has won every game this year that i've worn it. Have to make sure it is washed before next tuesday ;)

Great win for the team though. Very happy for this squad, they have worked their tails off.
Lammers passed 500 points for the season last night and 117 blocks (2nd best single season ever - Alvin Jones 141)
Okogie is up to 564 points - 4th all time among GT FR. Needs 4 points to pass Mark Price for 3rd place. (he will not catch Anderson - 721 or Marbury - 679).
Rich Yunkus had 603 his first season, but that was at a time that FR were ineligible to play and so it was his SO year of school. Dennis Scott is 5th with 496.
Dion Glover scored 608 points during the 1997-98 season so Okogie would move into 4th place if he passes Price. And yes I am that guy who nit picks when it comes to stats.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seeing as how McCamish picks on one guy on the opposing team with the same chant every home game, I'm sure it just made him feel like he was playing back home.

Q has had a nice run in the NIT. Actually, all of the Big Four has. They're all playing good basketball at the right time. Makes you wonder what we could have done in the Big Dance.

I'm still glad we're in the NIT vice NCAA's developing a rep. The positive PR for the team and Pastner is phenomenal.

Hate to say it, but the odds of us winning one or more (away) games in NCAAs were very low. We'd just have been another early ACC casualty most likely.

With a week off, we are in as good of shape as we could want.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Dion Glover scored 608 points during the 1997-98 season so Okogie would move into 4th place if he passes Price. And yes I am that guy who nit picks when it comes to stats.

Forgot about Glover. Thanks for correcting. I'm more than happy to say when I was wrong.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
When factual events or actions are involved, the proper word is literally "actually"; only when words or language itself are at issue should one actually use "literally". (Often applied the written word, but it can apply to spoken language as well.)

Example: "In the prior paragraph, I actually just used the words 'actually' and 'literally' in a way that was literally correct."

But actually, I'm just messing with you because I'm feeling a bit sassy after last nights win...literally, dude. ;)

Please provide biweekly updates on the definition of literally.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I saw an Ole Miss student with a "Puck Tech" shirt on. Wouldn't "Tuck Fech" have made more sense? Like the standard "Duck Fuke" phrasing? That looked pretty stupid to me.

I listened to our radio broadcast last night so watched it again today with the telecast on GT Bob's channel. I didn't catch the announcers calling Lammers Josh, but they supposedly were doing that. At least in the first half they consistently called him Ben, does anyone know when they were screwing it up?

Deleted member 2897

I saw an Ole Miss student with a "Puck Tech" shirt on. Wouldn't "Tuck Fech" have made more sense? Like the standard "Duck Fuke" phrasing? That looked pretty stupid to me.

I listened to our radio broadcast last night so watched it again today with the telecast on GT Bob's channel. I didn't catch the announcers calling Lammers Josh, but they supposedly were doing that. At least in the first half they consistently called him Ben, does anyone know when they were screwing it up?

Many things surprise me these days. That Ole Miss students are illiterate is not one of them.