GT @ Ole Miss

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
We played a great game. Thought for a minute, noodles kid was gonna kill us, but we had an answer for every run they made. So nice to see our team the one that remains calm and runs the offense instead of running helter skelter & taking bad shots. These guys sure get it. Also, we picked a great night to make our free throws.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Last night was nice for a lot of reasons:

Consecutive classes of seniors ended (or will end) their Tech careers in the postseason with 20 or more wins;
There is visible, undeniable evidence that our team has grown and matured into a decent basketball team this season;
The team is playing with confidence that exhibits itself when the opponents make a run and our guys bounce back;
Our players reflect the positive "team" attitude of their coach and postgame comments always seem to be about the team;
Our fans (especially the ones on this board) no longer expect us to lose games when the score is close in the final minutes;
The future of our basketball program looks like a brilliant sunrise;
The fans of that team up the road about an hour are as quiet as they have been in a long while - silence is golden.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

Literally? Well no wonder the press conference took so long, if all the Q&A involved the written word. Reading that tweet, I picture everyone in the room scribbling in silence and passing notes to CJP, the only sound being the scratching of pens and shuffling of papers.

Someone whose job is the written word should actually know how to use the word "literally" correctly...or in this case, not at all. If Potter is going to communicate as if he were a teenager, he might just as well tweet in all emojis. :rolleyes:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Literally? Well no wonder the press conference took so long, if all the Q&A involved the written word. Reading that tweet, I picture everyone in the room scribbling in silence and passing notes to CJP, the only sound being the scratching of pens and shuffling of papers.

Someone whose job is the written word should actually know how to use the word "literally" correctly...or in this case, not at all. If Potter is going to communicate as if he were a teenager, he might just as well tweet in all emojis. :rolleyes:
I do not think "literally" ever means written. It implies a high level of precision. Example: "I was literally 1 second late for class, but the prof nailed me anyway."

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I do not think "literally" ever means written. It implies a high level of precision. Example: "I was literally 1 second late for class, but the prof nailed me anyway."
When factual events or actions are involved, the proper word is literally "actually"; only when words or language itself are at issue should one actually use "literally". (Often applied the written word, but it can apply to spoken language as well.)

Example: "In the prior paragraph, I actually just used the words 'actually' and 'literally' in a way that was literally correct."

But actually, I'm just messing with you because I'm feeling a bit sassy after last nights win...literally, dude. ;)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was out last night so I didn't get to turn on the game until 39 seconds were left (i'll watch the whole thing tonight). But i am taking credit for the win since I made sure to wear my lucky GT shirt tonight - I believe the team has won every game this year that i've worn it. Have to make sure it is washed before next tuesday ;)

Great win for the team though. Very happy for this squad, they have worked their tails off.
Lammers passed 500 points for the season last night and 117 blocks (2nd best single season ever - Alvin Jones 141)
Okogie is up to 564 points - 4th all time among GT FR. Needs 4 points to pass Mark Price for 3rd place. (he will not catch Anderson - 721 or Marbury - 679).
Rich Yunkus had 603 his first season, but that was at a time that FR were ineligible to play and so it was his SO year of school. Dennis Scott is 5th with 496.