GT offensive depth chart to be released

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Erin Joe needs to step up.
I wouldn't be surprised if Shamire doesn't surpass Trey.
Donovan surpasses Matt.
I wouldn't even be completely shocked if Byerly ends up being the starter.

No Matt Conners is going to surprise a lot of people this year. It seems like every time he touches the ball it goes for 5o

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The first team G-C-G averages 302 lbs. The second team averages 325. Laskey was already a given 3 to 5 yards a pop, now he's bigger and so is his OL. Welcome back dive that works! The dive sets up everything else.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
1:God no, chamberlain is starting.
2: wow Erin joe is out of shape
3. Wouldn't count on Wilson passing Connors.
4. Zenon starting? Didn't see that coming
5. The line is beefier than it has been.
6: how is Dennis still in the two deep at WR?
7. I'd expect one or more true freshman to play on the OL

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The BIG takeaway for me is that Roberts is listed in the two-deep! If he can actually play next year, it solves sooooo many problems. If Chamberlain doesn't play to expectations, we can move Roberts and don't have to move Braun. Same story for Griffin. And, of course, given the way he played last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat somebody out of a job at OT anyhow.

I was also surprised to see Zenon starting at AB. This may signal bad news about Hill's illness. If Hill can beat back Chron's, he starts; of that I have no doubt.

And, yes, it would certainly help things if Zach remains healthy. Since, if I'm not mistaken, he has never missed playing time due to an injury, I expect (I hope, I pray) that we won't have this problem. I'm glad the coaches see the same thing I do: he runs with tilt.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Surprised about Joe at RT since he played LT in the Spring. Same with Roberts at LT since he played RT last season. Here is a guess: Roberts may be out. Griffin has a lot a stamina and coach may be looking at a freshman very part time backup at LT. Competing Joe and Chamberlain may enhance a position where we need one.!?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This depth chart really doesn't mean much right now...maybe some motivation for the players that aren't on it for their summer workouts...that's about it. We still have a month of fall camp to get through. LOTS of movement on both sides of the ball until we kick off. And in all reality, lots of movement until we hit the meat of the schedule as we won't learn too much against the first two opponents anyhow.

Good for messageboarders to talk about!

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I like Zenon starting at AB. To me, he's looked like one of our best runners - good instincts, maximizes the yardage available with quickness, cutting ability, and vision. He's not going to be the tackle breaker that Godhigh was, but he can get what's there better than most. He and Days are good compliments. Totally different styles/abilities. Hopefully Zenon is able to bring proficient blocking to the table as well. Really like that he stepped up his game rather than declining in response to decreased playing time. We needed that at the AB position this year since losing our best player.

Corey Dennis must be a tenacious blocker. I think that's what keeps him high on the depth chart. Although, didn't he make a big catch in the spring game? He may surprise some folks this year. You've got to like our WR depth anyway.

OL is a worry.

QB is a hope.

BB will be fine as long as Laskey can stay healthy. Won't be quite as good as it could've been though.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
1:God no, chamberlain is starting.

I can't help but think he's a better run blocker than pass blocker. A lot of the mistakes that I remember from last year are him stepping back for pass protection. My hope is that with our return to CPJ's base offense (i.e. probably less throwing), it would help BC out.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I can't help but think he's a better run blocker than pass blocker. A lot of the mistakes that I remember from last year are him stepping back for pass protection. My hope is that with our return to CPJ's base offense (i.e. probably less throwing), it would help BC out.
I'm concerned about his quickness. OT's have to be quick, especially that first step. He had several false starts last season and they all weren't in passing situations. Maybe that's just a lack of focus, which is bad enough, or maybe it signals a lack of quickness off the ball where he feels like he needs to get a head start.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
He certainly couldn't be any worse. I just don't see how we can't put a better finished product on the field than that. I played with better high school players at a AA school

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
The first team G-C-G averages 302 lbs. The second team averages 325. Laskey was already a given 3 to 5 yards a pop, now he's bigger and so is his OL. Welcome back dive that works! The dive sets up everything else.

I hope you are right. It really is the key to everything we do.