GT NFL Draft 2014

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I have been looking into where our guys may get drafted next year.

Ranked accordingly:

Attouchu: 8th best DE
projected for 3rd round

Thomas: 8th best safety
Projected for 5-6 round

Sims: 12-15 at FB
Projected for free agency

Dieke: 20-30 at DE
projected for 7th round

I'm Wondering where Robbie is on the list? I think he's better than Jaquiz Rodgers could be similar to Darren sproles in the league. If I was a GM I would draft him in the 6th or 7th round because I think he would be a fantastic 3rd down back

Sorry if this stuff has been posted, I just didn't see a similar thread.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
If Dieke gets drafted and Robbie doesn't, it will be proof positive that football doesn't matter for NFL draft purposes.

Robbie's biggest hurdle isn't his size, it's the fact that he doesn't have the speed to make up for his lack of size. If he played the exact same but was 4 inches taller, wouldn't be an issue. Such is the NFL

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If Dieke gets drafted and Robbie doesn't, it will be proof positive that football doesn't matter for NFL draft purposes.

Robbie's biggest hurdle isn't his size, it's the fact that he doesn't have the speed to make up for his lack of size. If he played the exact same but was 4 inches taller, wouldn't be an issue. Such is the NFL

Robbie woud be amazing in Chip Kelly's offense. His skillset fits perfectly into what Kelly does with their slot guys. I hope he gets a shot somewhere.

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
What A-backs have been drafted? Orwin and Roddy went undrafted and both were just as impactful at the position. Our offense is an impediment to the NFL. They have little tape on Robbie doing what he would be asked to do in the NFL. This is a problem when scouts have hundreds of players to review with limited time.

On Robbie specifically. He's small and slow. He has good short area quickness. Best scenario is as a Free Agent with the Patriots and become the black version of Danny Woodhead. But Danny is much faster than Robbie.

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
Robbie woud be amazing in Chip Kelly's offense. His skillset fits perfectly into what Kelly does with their slot guys. I hope he gets a shot somewhere.
SPEED. A better fit is Deanthony Thomas. Small, quick, and blazing fast.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
What A-backs have been drafted? Orwin and Roddy went undrafted and both were just as impactful at the position. Our offense is an impediment to the NFL. They have little tape on Robbie doing what he would be asked to do in the NFL. This is a problem when scouts have hundreds of players to review with limited time.

On Robbie specifically. He's small and slow. He has good short area quickness. Best scenario is as a Free Agent with the Patriots and become the black version of Danny Woodhead. But Danny is much faster than Robbie.

And THIS specifically is why, no matter how we get frustrated on a year-to-year basis with wins and losses, CPJ's offense is EXACTLY what we need to be doing at GT. Argue if you want, and I know some will, but everybody knows how we're going to recruit, and everybody knows that it will be that way twenty years from now, too. What other offense could take RG and turn him into our best playmaker?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

he's SO elusive in traffic, there's no way to measure that

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have been looking into where our guys may get drafted next year.

Ranked accordingly:

Attouchu: 8th best DE
projected for 3rd round

Thomas: 8th best safety
Projected for 5-6 round

Sims: 12-15 at FB
Projected for free agency

Dieke: 20-30 at DE
projected for 7th round

I'm Wondering where Robbie is on the list? I think he's better than Jaquiz Rodgers could be similar to Darren sproles in the league. If I was a GM I would draft him in the 6th or 7th round because I think he would be a fantastic 3rd down back

Sorry if this stuff has been posted, I just didn't see a similar thread.
I saw a couple of new mock drafts that have Jeremiah going in the first round to the Broncos. I think he will go in the 2nd at worst.

Jemea will probably be a 3rd-5th round from what I have been hearing.

I think Godhigh will find a spot somewhere and so will Brandon Watts.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Dieke because of his measurements..Godhigh isn't going to get drafted but I'm sure he'll make a team..Thomas is going to be an awesome safety or corner..guarantee it

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
I hoped Watts could make the combine. He'd take the roof off their. Hopefully Jerry and Jemea can bring enough people to our pro day for Robbie and Watts.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Dieke gets drafted, some team didn't watch film. I am sorry for saying it, but I believe it to be true. Robbie will probably go undrafted. Sad but true. He will get a shot in camp and will open some eyes. They will make him prove it, which is fine with me. Watts is too fast for his size not to make an NFL roster. He may not get drafted. Most LBs that do are better and more punishing tacklers. He will make a roster because of speed and athleticism. I look for him to be a LB back up and STs demon in the NFL.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Why would you draft Godhigh when you can get him for nothing as a FA? Face it, most GT players go 2-3 rounds later than what they would at nearly every other college because GM's bank on other teams passing. It's all about the money. Ask yourself this: How many fan bases would be pissed if their team whiffed on "fill in the blank"? The only downside in their mind is fans asking "why did we draft him so early when we could have picked him up later or as a FA"?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer

He doesn't have "take it to the house speed", but then again how many running backs break off plays of 50+ yards a year? Not a lot. Darren sproles is so good because he makes a guy miss in space on third down on a dump off pass or draw and then he scoots up the sideline for 20-25 yards. That's exactly what Robbie could do for a team. He's not AP or Chris Johnson, he won't be taking it up the gut 78 yards on 2nd and 8.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If Dieke gets drafted, some team didn't watch film. I am sorry for saying it, but I believe it to be true. Robbie will probably go undrafted. Sad but true. He will get a shot in camp and will open some eyes. They will make him prove it, which is fine with me. Watts is too fast for his size not to make an NFL roster. He may not get drafted. Most LBs that do are better and more punishing tacklers. He will make a roster because of speed and athleticism. I look for him to be a LB back up and STs demon in the NFL.

Watts is valuable because of his speed and athleticism. He's the "new breed" of defender. You can flex him out on a TE, play a traditonal LB role, or put him in a slot. He gives DCs flexibility after the snap. QBs these days are so advanced in reading the the defenses that players like Watts can screw up what they see on film because of the flexibility they present AFTER the snap.

You're absolutely right...Watts will make his bones, initially, on special teams while developing in a defensive system. Coaches like Belicheck, Harbaugh, and Carroll who put a premium on versatility will appreciate someone like Watts. I think college was just the beginning of Watts's potential.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
In fairness to Groh, Al put Watts in a number of roles that demonstrated his physical abilities.

On the other hand, all the LBs - including BW - in the Groh era suffered from an inability to consistently get in their run fits and were constantly out of position.