GT needed a change

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think the STH base has historically hovered around 22,000 regardless of the TO.

Attendance can and most likely will drop. But not all attendance is the same. TStan needs to make sure donations continue regardless of venue.
Our donations?-
Do u know what that amount is?

slugboy

Staff member
Everyone need to read this and read it again. That's where I am at. It will be a whole lot easier if we all understand that this is a process that will take 2-3 years...

The buzz I kept reading from college coaches after the hire was “this will be a really good team in about three years, but it’ll be a rough start”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
The buzz I kept reading from college coaches after the hire was “this will be a really good team in about three years, but it’ll be a rough start”.

Exactly every analyst out there suggested it would be a rough year or.two. I don't think any of us expected rough to mean not winning against an fcs team or even temple. But it is what it is. We have a talent gap clearly in certain areas and coaches that look like they underestimated this change over or took on too much at once. Either way I learned a while back that rebuilds can take a minute.
Obviously we could have stuck it out with the triple but people were ready a few seasons back for something new and if this is how we get there then so be it.
Learned that with the Braves and even Atlanta United this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
The start of this season has been frustrating to say the least, but I am still on board, and am cautiously optimistic for next year. The one thing that needs to change NOW is the QB carousel. With TO you have ZERO passing options, with LJ you have ZERO running options. With JG you have about 50% of passing and 50% of running. JG is the best option we have, and until we get the line built up I think we need someone who can move the pocket, and complete short HIGH PERCENTAGE passes, and gives the threat to run.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Meh. They have no idea what our ceiling will be but I’m pretty sure we all know where our floor is. It’s right here, right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
The start of this season has been frustrating to say the least, but I am still on board, and am cautiously optimistic for next year. The one thing that needs to change NOW is the QB carousel. With TO you have ZERO passing options, with LJ you have ZERO running options. With JG you have about 50% of passing and 50% of running. JG is the best option we have, and until we get the line built up I think we need someone who can move the pocket, and complete short HIGH PERCENTAGE passes, and gives the threat to run.
Just my opinion, but I'd push that optimism a year.

Next year could be really rough, too.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Y’all are gonna laugh at this but I wish we had a coach that dressed like a man almost 50 years old , what grown man wears skinny pants? If he wins I won’t care but he’s not at the moment , I didn’t like winning 7 games a year with Gailey or Paul , but at this point 7 wins would be a banner year. Football games are won in the trenches , Collins is recruiting well, but I’ve noticed some of the olinemen we’re getting are 270-285, a lot of our opponents have ones that are 330 , it’s frustrating, it really is , I blame our administrators more than anything , they don’t care if we compete in athletics as long as we strive to be MIT of the south
And wears his cap down over his eyes like he is a rapper lol