GT @ NDame tonight at 7

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
CBG is void of adjustments in the 2nd half. We didnt even try hard on D tonight either. What a piss poor showing on that end of the floor. I am ready for a new regime and philosophy.

In fairness, he did adjust to the zone. It was just waaaay late and he went away from it too quick. Golden being allowed to get to 0-10 was inexcusable. Poole with a DNP-CD was also a mistake IMHO.

Like dtm said though, no new regime is coming. Gotta hope Carter, Bolden and MGH take it upon themselves to work and improve this offseason. Our fate is in their hands.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Golden should have been pulled, he couldn't move. How does Miller miss the back end of his 2 free throws twice???

On the officiating: Sherman walked all night and was only called once. Carter was fouled on his last rebound if not on the initial hit definitely on the fight for the ball. He would have won that ball if he didn't have 4 fouls.

Either way we don't hit 3s like that normally. I'll take it but if we shoot like we normally do in that game it wouldn't have even been close.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Better get used to it. There will be no change made, this year anyways, and if he lands Brown, Sheff and a PG (Hopefully J. Adams) with another big in 2015 you are going to be in for 2 years at least after next.

Stacey Poole with 0 minutes last night is mind boggling. BBC is becoming the player I have always expected but nobody else is. Those that say next year it all comes together are on some serious hooch.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I haven't seen much scoop lately on guard recruiting for 2015. Unless a gamechanger type falls in our lap, I think we're bringing in a combo guard at most, not a straight PG. Just a hunch, given a 2015 base case of Jorgenson (Soph-R), Heyward (Jr -R), and in a pinch Tadric (soph). Given the offer to Alterique Gilbert, I think 2016 is our next targeted year for a top flight PG.

While I think landing JB gets CBG his 5th year, I don't think a loaded 2015 class gets him year 6 unless he wins big with that 2015 class. I think just a tourney appearance with who'll be a senior & JB (if we land him) is not enough and we'd see a "mutual decision" to make a change or something like that, allowing him to move on with no stigma of being let go.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have we actually offered Sheff yet?
Not that I've heard, but I think we should. Haven't watched film yet, but I'd bet his game is totally different than JB's and we'll need wing replacement in 2016 anyway with MGH, JB (hopefully & likely), and Bolden moving on. Assuming we land a 4-year 2014 big (Mahmoud), I'd almost like to reimagine the 2015 class to JB, 1 top flight big, another very good wing (essentially JB's replacement), and a combo guard. Sets us up for a top flight PG, wing, & big in 2016, which is what we already appear to be chasing.