GT - ND postgame thread

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Or instead of moving to this vanilla offense, which will never succeed, you run something like Georgia Southern or Coastal Carolina a few years to transition. Or stay with that. I think the Coastal staff looks pretty good, maybe after next year we can get them here.
But then how will we recruit the elite nfl top ten recruiting class???

Harsh reality is that GT will NEVER consistently recruit in the top 10. A vast majority of our fan base knows this too. It's doesn't mean we can't win big though, we just need to be realistic and be smart, this is some dumb stuff currently.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Much better effort on D today. Can’t help it that we get blown off the line by better players, but no big busted coverages. Tackling was much better. After ragging on Juanyeh last week, he had a great first half.

Offense had a rough go of it, but this is the best defense we will play all year. They are giving up 10 ppg. You can’t expect them to dominate everyone else they play then for us to light them up. They just dominated a decent Pitt team and held them to 3 and held Louisville to 7.

Sims had an off game, don’t know if it was the pressure or the coverage but his clock seemed slower than usual, and missed a couple of open check downs that he didn’t even look towards. But again,ND is pretty good and he is still learning. They were bringing pressure and daring our WR to beat them, and with the exception of the great catch by Camp, they didn’t

The final score was probably indicative of the difference between the two teams.

If we want to be a bowl team next season, Collins needs to scour HS and the transfer portal for a kicker. That is the one thing that Collins haters and cheerleaders can agree with. Absolutely unacceptable that we can’t even count on a chip shot.

These next 4 are winnable, but we have to clean up the mistakes. Much cleaner than last week, but still not winning football.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The fact that we were worse in other games does not make today better. Forcing a team to take 9 plays to score doesn’t matter when they score a touchdown on 50% of their non-garbage time drives.

Um what?

Anyways, for the second half I don't really know what else to day to you. You seem to think every drive ending in a TD has the same level of defense which makes no sense.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
You seem to think every drive ending in a TD has the same level of defense which makes no sense.
Scoring a td in 1 play vs 9 plays still grants the team 7 points. Being proud about holding teams to 9 plays only matters when you are stopping them in other drives. 50% touchdown rate is incredibly high.

“The fact that we were worse in other games does not make today better.“
I’m sorry if you didn’t understand. The fact that other games are worse doesn’t change the fact that the defense was still bad today. Their performance wasn’t better tonight just because worse games exist. Hope that clears it up.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Really don't know how I feel , which could be bad because every game now I expect to lose. Kind of like it was in 1981. But the fact is as bad as I hate ND they are a good team. I bet most of their OL are Juniors and seniors and our DL was most freshman.
And I agree I thought the coaches played to not lose as bad this week and not to win.
I really have my doubts that this coaching will get any better I hope so but just ain't seeing it cause 5 more years will kill this program. If I was the AD I would updated my resume 7 years is hard to explain.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Scoring a td in 1 play vs 9 plays still grants the team 7 points. Being proud about holding teams to 9 plays only matters when you are stopping them in other drives. 50% touchdown rate is incredibly high.

“The fact that we were worse in other games does not make today better.“
I’m sorry if you didn’t understand. The fact that other games are worse doesn’t change the fact that the defense was still bad today. Their performance wasn’t better tonight just because worse games exist. Hope that clears it up.
Don't worry some people have a harder time with logic than others.

GT_EE78

Banned
What gets me is seeing BJS and Tobias standing on the sidelines with helmets off, never seeing the field.....really. And I watched the Freshman tackle today....slow feet. Why are we starting him? A comment was made by the commentator that teams all over America are fearing what GT will become........no comment as I fear what we have become.
weren't they saying that to be funny?

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Really don't know how I feel , which could be bad because every game now I expect to lose. Kind of like it was in 1981. But the fact is as bad as I hate ND they are a good team. I bet most of their OL are Juniors and seniors and our DL was most freshman.
And I agree I thought the coaches played to not lose as bad this week and not to win.
I really have my doubts that this coaching will get any better I hope so but just ain't seeing it cause 5 more years will kill this program. If I was the AD I would updated my resume 7 years is hard to explain.
I don't blame the AD. There is only so much in the budget for Tech athletics.

It's also still early. This coach's plan is to build an Alabama model, win with superior recruiting. I personally don't think that is possible here, but CGC does. That experiment will take at least 4 years to run out.

Hope he proves me and most others wrong.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
But then how will we recruit the elite nfl top ten recruiting class???

Harsh reality is that GT will NEVER consistently recruit in the top 10. A vast majority of our fan base knows this too. It's doesn't mean we can't win big though, we just need to be realistic and be smart, this is some dumb stuff currently.
I don't think anyone has claimed that we will be getting consistent top 10 classes. I feel like most people believe we can be in the 20s with years where we can get in the teens with some luck.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't blame the AD. There is only so much in the budget for Tech athletics.

It's also still early. This coach's plan is to build an Alabama model, win with superior recruiting. I personally don't think that is possible here, but CGC does. That experiment will take at least 4 years to run out.

Hope he proves me and most others wrong.
I know money is the problem but 7 years is a long time which is the reason I don't see us getting a new OC or DC

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
...senior starting at QB is not impressive. ...
Bull.
Taquan was an A-back. We had to pay him at qb because all the other guys were injured or not game ready.

In case you forgot this is the ND post game thread. Give me some other excuse as to why this team is bad this year.

This is really only CGC's 2nd class
Honestly, it is only his 1 and a half recruiting classes

The first Recruiting class, he was "forced" to honor Offers made by the previous HC

I'd rather see the GTAA only give him a 5yr deal, but give him full control over the Roster to play Big Boy FB without 2 hand tied behind our backs

GT is the only FB Program that would hire a HC and then force him to honor schollies offered by the outgoing HC, in the Days if Dodd this was "honorable", in 2020 it is just plain 'ol bad business

There are about 6-8 guys from CGC's first class that will never contribute, and we could really use the depth when you get halfway thru the Season and Guys get banged up

At a normal Pwr5 College this would be CGC's 2nd Class, but "we're GT we can do that" 😒😒😒

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe my memory is starting to fail, but every time I watch Gibbs, I see Lavette. And I'm reliving '81 and '82 as we waste him game after game.

Another thing that I see from the past: Patrick Nix is calling our plays.

I foresee a Bud Carson type tenure. Several years of losing often badly, a good year to give us hope, then regression to the mean.