GT @ NCSU

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
NCSU sees this as an absolutely must win game for their NCAA dreams. I can't imagine they don't come out with all guns blazing.

They are a guard heavy team who loves to press - both aggressive presses and more passive presses designed to just take time off the clock. They will make Jose and Devoe work to get across half court and on the offensive end overall. It will be interesting to see if both can play the normal over 35 minutes CJP likes to play them. Without Haywood I guess we will see Alston some and maybe even a Philips sighting.

Their 2 bigs (they normally play one at a time) can be foul prone. We ought to go after them if we can.

Their lead dog is Johnson. He keeps the ball a lot and makes things happen. Not sure exactly how that will work against our zone but they generally play as he does. They certainly will surround the zone with shooters. They will have seen the film from Miami, et al about how to dissect the zone and I expect will have a good idea what they are trying to do. We will miss Haywood on the defensive end.

I hope we get a lift off of the BC game. But being on the road against what I assume to be a very hungry team doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy. We should get a good dose of Moore which will be nice. Beyond that who knows what the rotations will be.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
NCSU sees this as an absolutely must win game for their NCAA dreams. I can't imagine they don't come out with all guns blazing.

They are a guard heavy team who loves to press - both aggressive presses and more passive presses designed to just take time off the clock. They will make Jose and Devoe work to get across half court and on the offensive end overall. It will be interesting to see if both can play the normal over 35 minutes CJP likes to play them. Without Haywood I guess we will see Alston some and maybe even a Philips sighting.

Their 2 bigs (they normally play one at a time) can be foul prone. We ought to go after them if we can.

Their lead dog is Johnson. He keeps the ball a lot and makes things happen. Not sure exactly how that will work against our zone but they generally play as he does. They certainly will surround the zone with shooters. They will have seen the film from Miami, et al about how to dissect the zone and I expect will have a good idea what they are trying to do. We will miss Haywood on the defensive end.

I hope we get a lift off of the BC game. But being on the road against what I assume to be a very hungry team doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy. We should get a good dose of Moore which will be nice. Beyond that who knows what the rotations will be.

If we win this game we are gonna need stellar performances from our bigs. They go a lot of man and aren't a good rebounding team. NCSU being a team that plays only one center on the floor, Wright & Banks must assert themselves in the paint this game in order for us to get the W.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We’ve been taking much better care of the ball over the past couple of games. Also, teams have been pressing us for several games and we have improved, but I am concerned that NCSU is a bit better at it than most teams.

They have a lot of firepower and we’re not going to win a shootout. That said, I think we can hang around and make it a game. Look for Moses to have another solid game. Big James has a good matchup as well. Even without Curt, I’ll be on GT + 11 all day long!

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
We’ve been taking much better care of the ball over the past couple of games. Also, teams have been pressing us for several games and we have improved, but I am concerned that NCSU is a bit better at it than most teams.

They have a lot of firepower and we’re not going to win a shootout. That said, I think we can hang around and make it a game. Look for Moses to have another solid game. Big James has a good matchup as well. Even without Curt, I’ll be on GT + 11 all day long!
That press they put on us last year had me sick to my stomach, I remember we had a ridiculous amount in that first half.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Plus their fans do that incredibly obnoxious yappy dog thing with their hands. Just the worst.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Sjolund makes a, what? 15 second appearance? Commits a TO and is immediately pulled. But we are play Alston.

I tell ya....my patience with Pastner and his mindf***ing stuff is thin. We should be hammering Sjolund with minutes till he walks funny.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Sjolund makes a, what? 15 second appearance? Commits a TO and is immediately pulled. But we are play Alston.

I tell ya....my patience with Pastner and his mindf***ing stuff is thin. We should be hammering Sjolund with minutes till he walks funny.
I agree with you, but I get why he did it there. He had a chance to bring Moore back in and switch offense for defense on that possession.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

Pastner has a really fast hook. Wasn't happy to see that either. Give a guy a chance to settle in how bout.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

He pulled Sjolund to play... Moore, another freshman who needs minutes.

As much as I don't like Alston, he only played when Jose or Devoe sat I believe and that's for ball handling reasons.