GT - Nc State Post game thread

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So happy with the way this game turned out. ( unless I missed an injury). Coach and players trust each other and we play a step ahead of the opponent. The Oline is so deep we could mix up first string and second string and have a jumbo package (narrow gap - extra back in back field I formation with legit wide receivers ) and a sprint package (TO , wide gaps - counter plays ) - mason must play all the time since he is an all american. i thought Erin joe did pretty well - he is a load.
Wow the oline gets the game ball today.

They give me great hope for rest of year and in the future.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Great to be 8-2. Looking forward to the next two games but gonna savor this for a few days. Next two opponents will be tough. I think Clem > UGA when their QB is healthy. Could win or lose em both. I want to win em all. This is a good GT team. Best since 09 and damn fun to watch.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We cannot say enough about the O line, running ball at will and giving JeT a great pocket when he goes back to pass.

Agree. I think when we go back and look at the tape, we'll see the OL probably had one of the most dominant performances of the year. On Synjyn's big run he was untouched at the LOS. We didn't pass that much (didn't need to), but when we did OL gave our QBs more than enough time and our QBs didn't feel the need to get "happy feet".

The OL is quickly becoming a dominating unit. There is size AND athleticism we've been missing since CPJ has been here. The scary thing is, there are guys with higher ceilings being redshirted right now.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Just watched the game again.. Other than UGAg winning, I do not have anything to complain about. I am really looking forward to next Saturday. Our O vs their D should be a hell of a matchup.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Nothing against Laskey, but you have to ride the hot hand. Synjyn is on fire right now and you don't break that momentum. It feels like he easily gets 5 yards a pop every time he touches the ball. Days easily gets 200 yards today if he was in all game. Laskey also needs to be eased back into the rotation so good thing Synjyn is playing well.

Like others have said, nice problem to have...but to me there is no problem. Days has earned the right to start regardless of Laskey's injury.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I know people want to talk about Days and Thomas and Shaq and Smelter, but Freddie "The Beast" Burden is, IMO the underrated star of this offense.

He comes off the blocks like a cannonball. He's 300 and moves like a guy 40 lbs lighter. He gets guys at all levels, and is a force in short yardage situations.

He is just the absolute prototype offensive lineman for your system, and I hope you guys appreciate him.

ABSOLUTELY! Best C we've had so far. And not a bad middle school first baseman, if you can believe it...