GT Marketing/public image

I have been to Tennessee games and they show their former players that are the sidelines and keep their former players involved

I agree with most of what you have posted, and the mission was up until now, always to "keep up" with the rest of the sport. However, we are slipping. And you can never compare Georgia Tech with Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, or even the large state universities in the ACC. The fact of the matter is we have allowed ourselves to become the new Duke. I am not convinced that Cutcliffe and his team are anything other than a flash in the pan. But there isn't much doubt that within the Coastal Division and the overall ACC, we are now firmly entrenched in the bottom half, and don't have too much farther to fall until we are the cellar dweller. Thank goodness for Mike London. When UVA upgrades their coaching we will be staring at the taillights of five teams, if not all six. We are purists, academic snobs, living in the past. The retaining of this coach with this scheme is indicative that we have chosen not to compete. The spectacle and pagentry remains on Saturdays to be enjoyed by those that like it. But the wins are gone.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with most of what you have posted, and the mission was up until now, always to "keep up" with the rest of the sport. However, we are slipping. And you can never compare Georgia Tech with Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, or even the large state universities in the ACC. The fact of the matter is we have allowed ourselves to become the new Duke. I am not convinced that Cutcliffe and his team are anything other than a flash in the pan. But there isn't much doubt that within the Coastal Division and the overall ACC, we are now firmly entrenched in the bottom half, and don't have too much farther to fall until we are the cellar dweller. Thank goodness for Mike London. When UVA upgrades their coaching we will be staring at the taillights of five teams, if not all six. We are purists, academic snobs, living in the past. The retaining of this coach with this scheme is indicative that we have chosen not to compete. The spectacle and pagentry remains on Saturdays to be enjoyed by those that like it. But the wins are gone.

Posts like this make no sense to me since we currently have the nations longest active streak of going .500 or better in conference and have been to the ACC championship game more times than everyone but FSU and VPI. This coach and this scheme have won more ACC games than any other team since his arrival at GT I believe...

I think one problem we have is that many former players like to prove just how much more they know about how football is supposed to be played and do so by voicing their displeasure with the current staff. This creates a poor situation for the staff in that they'd like to engage former players but not ones who will actively criticize the way we run the program which only works to make the divide wider and sorus relationships.