GT / Louisville

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win!!! Alvarado has played at a different level the past few weeks. I kept saying to my son at the game on Saturday against Pitt that Alvarado looked a little out of it. No wonder he was a little out of it... he became a daddy on Wednesday. Congrats to him! Let’s finish this season strongly. Then ride some positive momentum into next year.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Also the refs ruined the flow of the game. I'm not advocating for rough play but a bunch of fouls on both sides were nonsense.
Yep. I may be remembering it wrong because I was wound up, but I think we were about to score a run out basket on that goal tending review weren’t we? Then shortly after that Moses gets a foul call when upon replay he literally did not even touch the guy, but just moved out of his way.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
My two years old had me busy last night, so didn’t get a chance to watch or go. Buddy offered me his court side seats. Just curious if the place was rocking like it was in the duke game.

Jmonty71

Banned
I wanted to attend the game. But work was not being so nice. I hate it. Looked like a really good game to attend. The team is really Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde.... One night they are great.. another night they are terrible. I think we are only 1-2 pieces away from being a tournament team. So....close....

Deleted member 2897

It's interesting listening to opinions about our team from outside of the GT fanbase. It's pretty consistent: GT is better than our record, and our starters are good enough to play with any team in the country.

One of the ACC network's talking heads said exactly that before predicting an upset win for us.

This is true and our stats bare that out. I’ve gotten takes over the coals for saying it, but it’s on the numbers.

just look again at last night. Louisville had a 10 straight game conference play winning streak – that’s the longest in the ACC in 37 years! Our starters beat theirs last night 62-18! 62-18!!!

Our KenPom is 78 which is mehhhh. But I swear it was over 100 like a month ago.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Moses in the closing minutes was player of the game. Great defense and scored a huge basket against their zone. Alvarado said post game that we prepped for their zone but it sure didn't look like it in the last 5 minutes of the game.

jacketBMR

Georgia Tech Fan
I had a good feeling about this game since we had almost beaten them on the road earlier this season. Our starting five is very solid and can compete with just about anyone but boy do we need some depth! Louisville kept subbing in what seemed like every other possession and while our starters vastly outperformed their starters our bench was outscored 40-2! We’ve got to recruit better and develop more depth (and of course cut down on TO’s) in order to finish more games and become a serious tourney team

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Great win ! Now we need to build on this and get some momentum and consistency.
I have been frustrated by this team, but I keep waiting for the worm to turn, maybe this is it !
How was McCamish last night, it looked OK on TV, but the camera pans may have been strategic and how as the noise, Home advantage ?