GT Loses Member of Recruiting Staff

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I hear GOL has some strong ties in Florida we should look at him for this plus he knows how to work at GT already.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
U guys still hating on GOL for resume gate? Really? I was one of the very few Tech fans at the time proposing we bring him back after ND said "Cya". If we had we would have beaten uga a helluva lot more than we have since then. Whatever. I'm also a proponent of giving CPJ more time...gonna go out on a limb and guess the GOL haters are also CPJ haters.

Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
U guys still hating on GOL for resume gate? Really? I was one of the very few Tech fans at the time proposing we bring him back after ND said "Cya". If we had we would have beaten uga a helluva lot more than we have since then. Whatever. I'm also a proponent of giving CPJ more time...gonna go out on a limb and guess the GOL haters are also CPJ haters.

I think GOL is overrated does that make me hater? I do like CPJ though. Just don't think a coach would ever go back to a school he coached at (The only exception I can think of is Petrino...)

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
cool down, it's just a joke. I wouldn't mind having O'Leary back.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry yes just joking around. I loved GOL when he was here and still think he is a good coach. One thing he had a real advantage in was having been at GT a long time before becoming head coach he knew the strengths and weaknesses of the program and how to compensate for them from the beginning. I think that is what has held both CCG and CPJ back a little. I think all three are good coaches that given the time will improve the situation and learn. Unfortunately in today's world most coaches are not given that time. You have to produce results right away. That CPJ did produce results right away is why CPJ has earned the right to fix the issues. I think the same thing happened with CPH in basketball. You go to a Final Four as quickly as he did earned him the right to fix the program later on. It sucks for us though since with CPH he never seemed to fix them. As for CPJ I feel he is working hard to fix the issues and seems headed in right direction improving the defense and recruiting.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Shoot Gol aint doing nothing but waiting on retirement..he wins seven and five like PJ goes to a bowl and has no Hill to contend with....got a nice home on Lake Oconee and making good money and gets along well with fans......he will stay there as long as they will let him in my opinion.I like GOL he got the job done.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree that more time for PJ is a good thing. We assume there's a 1-2 year learning curve, but that could be an under-estimate