1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

GT Loses Member of Recruiting Staff

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Techster, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

2. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Coach Cazz is a big loss in that area...he was really good.

3. TheTaxJacket

TheTaxJacket Helluva Engineer

Well pee pee

IronJacket7 likes this.
  4. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

I assume this would be considered a promotion?

5. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

What exactly were his duties?

6. DuckGT

DuckGT Helluva Engineer

Are they planning on replacing him?

7. GT Man

GT Man Helluva Engineer

They better.

awbuzz and DuckGT like this.
  8. PowderSpringsJacket88

PowderSpringsJacket88 Helluva Engineer Retired Staff

He had really strong FL ties which has helped us tremendously this year. We need to find someone else with similar ties to replace him..

9. Novajacket

Novajacket Ramblin' Wreck

I hear GOL has some strong ties in Florida we should look at him for this plus he knows how to work at GT already.

10. GT Man

GT Man Helluva Engineer

You mean pluck GOL from his head coach position to be a recruiter? Did I misunderstand?

11. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

He was just kidding. He knows that before we would accept GOL back at GT he needs to have a PhD.

12. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

We are in luck. According to his resume, he just completed a PhD.

vamosjackets and awbuzz like this.
  13. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

U guys still hating on GOL for resume gate? Really? I was one of the very few Tech fans at the time proposing we bring him back after ND said "Cya". If we had we would have beaten uga a helluva lot more than we have since then. Whatever. I'm also a proponent of giving CPJ more time...gonna go out on a limb and guess the GOL haters are also CPJ haters.

14. Tempest_12

Tempest_12 Ramblin' Wreck

I think GOL is overrated does that make me hater? I do like CPJ though. Just don't think a coach would ever go back to a school he coached at (The only exception I can think of is Petrino...)

15. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

cool down, it's just a joke. I wouldn't mind having O'Leary back.

Mack likes this.
  16. GT Man

GT Man Helluva Engineer

I figured he was joking. In truth, I'd love to have GOL back on the flats!

Mack likes this.
  17. Novajacket

Novajacket Ramblin' Wreck

Sorry yes just joking around. I loved GOL when he was here and still think he is a good coach. One thing he had a real advantage in was having been at GT a long time before becoming head coach he knew the strengths and weaknesses of the program and how to compensate for them from the beginning. I think that is what has held both CCG and CPJ back a little. I think all three are good coaches that given the time will improve the situation and learn. Unfortunately in today's world most coaches are not given that time. You have to produce results right away. That CPJ did produce results right away is why CPJ has earned the right to fix the issues. I think the same thing happened with CPH in basketball. You go to a Final Four as quickly as he did earned him the right to fix the program later on. It sucks for us though since with CPH he never seemed to fix them. As for CPJ I feel he is working hard to fix the issues and seems headed in right direction improving the defense and recruiting.

Essobee, GT Man and jwsavhGT like this.
  18. Mack

Mack Helluva Engineer

Shoot Gol aint doing nothing but waiting on retirement..he wins seven and five like PJ goes to a bowl and has no Hill to contend with....got a nice home on Lake Oconee and making good money and gets along well with fans......he will stay there as long as they will let him in my opinion.I like GOL he got the job done.

19. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

GOL is older than mack and fogey put together. What are you guys thinking??? (Just kidding mack ;))

20. GT Man

GT Man Helluva Engineer

Agree that more time for PJ is a good thing. We assume there's a 1-2 year learning curve, but that could be an under-estimate