GT Leading the Way Again!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT to offer automatic acceptance and 4 year tuition to all Valedictorians and Salutatorians from Atlanta Public Schools:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/...gxNw/?icmp=ajc_internallink_textlink_homepage

How is it related to GT football? The more students that we can get to attend GT, especially kids from APS, the more fans from students families and friends GT can gain. That's what I'm going with.

Good job, GT!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Do any other schools offer something like this? I think this is a fantastic idea and more schools should offer something like this.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is so good on so many levels. The state has needed to ramp up its educational reputation for decades. This can create incentives for schools, students and administrations. This can also stop any potential brain drain out of the state. It can help students who deserve an education but who could never afford it before. It creates nothing but positive good will for Tech. And, yes, a potential side effect is that it creates more interest in the football program. Go Tech!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is the Texas idea for making affirmative action unnecessary. Out there the UT automatically takes all the students in the top 10% of the graduating class from any high school in the state. GPA? SAT? ACT? Irrelevant, beside the point. It is class standing uber alles. Works too. The number of minority students is down, but, given that Texas, like most other states, is de facto re-segregating its high schools, it is not by much.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd love it if GT offered the same deal for top performing students at UGA, so they could transfer to Tech and get a REAL education.