GT Lacrosse 2019

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Thought that there would be more talk about our LAX team, but the most recent I could find in a search was from 2017. 11-0 right now with a win at Chapman back in February, who has been our nemesis in the tournament in past years. Have Michigan State, Davenport, and UGA to go before post season.

Current MCLA rankings:

#1 Cal
#2 GT
#3 Liberty
#4 Arizona State
#5 Chapman

Will have to play Liberty, or other top 20 programs, to win the SELC for an automatic bid to the national tournament. Expect to get an at large, but prefer to win the tournament.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I would not want to see this team face NCAA D1 ACC LAX.

That being said, we beat MCLA #13 Michigan State yesterday, and Davenport today, in Nashville to start 13-0. Only UGA left before the playoffs. UGA at Marist HS next Saturday 4/13 at 2 pm. Can't lose to them... I'd be there if I didn't live in Cincinnati.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Tech takes down UGA 21-5 in our final regular season game before the SELC championships ranked #2 in the nation at 14-0. Looks like the SELC tournament starts 4/26 in Johns Creek GA. Should be a good one, as #3 Liberty, #6 South Carolina, and #11 Virginia Tech are also in the mix for the conference championship, not to mention a few others a the back half of the polls. Let's go Jackets!

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech takes down UGA 21-5 in our final regular season game before the SELC championships ranked #2 in the nation at 14-0. Looks like the SELC tournament starts 4/26 in Johns Creek GA. Should be a good one, as #3 Liberty, #6 South Carolina, and #11 Virginia Tech are also in the mix for the conference championship, not to mention a few others a the back half of the polls. Let's go Jackets!

This is a really good team but the SELC is stacked - best conference in the MCLA. I'd be thrilled with a conference championship out of this field.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This is a really good team but the SELC is stacked - best conference in the MCLA. I'd be thrilled with a conference championship out of this field.
What does it take to get to Nationals? Must we win the conference tournament?

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I would expect an at-large bid this year as well, being #2 and with the teams we've beaten. #5 Chapman in CA being the most impressive, since they've been an Achilles heel for us in the national tournament in the past.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
I would expect an at-large bid this year as well, being #2 and with the teams we've beaten. #5 Chapman in CA being the most impressive, since they've been an Achilles heel for us in the national tournament in the past.

You don't think we'll win the SELC tournament (i.e., automatic bid)? I think it's 50/50 given the strength of the conference.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
You don't think we'll win the SELC tournament (i.e., automatic bid)? I think it's 50/50 given the strength of the conference.

I always expect to win. My comment was intended to state that I believe we'd be an at-large bid if we don't win the SELC tournament.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, wins over #18 Clemson and #17 FSU just put #2 Tech into the championship game against #6USCe.

Tech is 16-0 in this conference and somehow Cal is the unanimous #1.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, a loss to USCe definitely a bummer. But, step it up and take the national tournament!

The loss definitely hurt - I really wanted a conference championship. Any ideas why the offense got shut down?

Also, I'm a little worried about the UConn rematch in the tournament.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
The loss definitely hurt - I really wanted a conference championship. Any ideas why the offense got shut down?

Also, I'm a little worried about the UConn rematch in the tournament.

I tuned in to the broadcast and we were down 9-3 or 9-4, around the time our baseball team was melting down. USCe's goalie seemed to be the difference. Had 15 to 20 saves on the day if I recall.

I'm not that worried about UCONN. That's not to say that they can't beat us, because they played us tough earlier in the season. But if we beat UCONN we get to face #6 Arizona State or #12 FSU, who took us to OT in the SELC semi's. At this point, you've got to beat a really good team every day. Just win!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't know much about LAX other than the amazing names rich people bestow upon their children and the propensity for sweet lettuce, but unfortunately, the good guys lost in an OT thriller against Cal tonight, 13-12.

I caught most of the 3rd quarter onwards and it was a back & forth battle, but Cal had just that slight moment of quicks & craftiness to snatch the win.

Gotta be impressed with the results though. Isn't this the 2nd year in a row GT LAX made the MCLA FInal 4?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I don't know much about LAX other than the amazing names rich people bestow upon their children and the propensity for sweet lettuce, but unfortunately, the good guys lost in an OT thriller against Cal tonight, 13-12.

I caught most of the 3rd quarter onwards and it was a back & forth battle, but Cal had just that slight moment of quicks & craftiness to snatch the win.

Gotta be impressed with the results though. Isn't this the 2nd year in a row GT LAX made the MCLA FInal 4?
3rd time in last 4 years. Were in the final in 2017 but lost early in 2018