GT is getting some love from a UT site(Texas)

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
This was a great post "Also I don't necessarily hate UGA, but their fans are by far the worst. I used to cheer for them until I got to high school and realized how ignorant their fans are. It seems like every year they expect to win the MNC and end up choking like Mark Richt always does. This is why I really like Georgia Tech. That and their offense is so old school and the university has stellar academics".

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
We seem to be pretty popular online. A lot of reddit seems to like us. We gained a lot of popularity with our last 3 games last season even though we lost to FSU. COFH gets consistently rated high even by non GT fans when people are bringing up top games from last year from what I've seen.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT has always been appreciated more by people outside of GA than inside of GA (unless you're a GT fan). You tell someone who grew up inside GA you went to GT, and the first words that come out of their mouths "Nerds!" You tell people from outside of GA that you went to GT, and they say "That's a great school!" Usually followed by, "I have nothing but respect for anyone who can graduate from that place."

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We seem to be pretty popular online. A lot of reddit seems to like us. We gained a lot of popularity with our last 3 games last season even though we lost to FSU. COFH gets consistently rated high even by non GT fans when people are bringing up top games from last year from what I've seen.

We actually got a lil love on Secrant when they were discussing underrated teams.

Also, for some reason I really love that UTEX_ME on that ShaggyBevo sight. Can't put my finger on why. :whistle:

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Not read it yet, but will when I have time. Most CFB fans can't stand fan bases and teams that are in your face arrogant. That is the reason that several teams are on many fans "teams I do not like" list.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Believe it or not I've even had several ga fans say they enjoyed watching our offense and how fluid it worked. Just not against them, but these were not the typical barking fans who think that they are the best and have an excuse for everything.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Bobby Dodd was approached by Texas to become HC after the '56 season; obviously Dodd declined. But Dodd, and Duffy Daugherty up at Michigan State, both suggested that Texas should take a hard look at an assistant coach at Washington, a young fellow named Darrell Royal. One might say that things worked out pretty well. ;)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
After reading all the posts, there was a lot of praise for Tech, CPJ, and the offense. Brought a tear to my eye.
Yep. Only thing I object to is the characterization of the offense as "old school". I think with his melding of the under center option and the run and shoot with four wide receivers and no tight end, Johnson has created a cutting edge offense. I actually thought MSU with its QB standing on his back foot and chunking it down field all night was old school.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
"Georgia Tech - Fight song and Paul Johnson's perpetual disappointed dad face."
LOL

Reporter: "Coach, your offense just rolled Team X for 400 yards rushing, you guys converted 80% on 3rd down, and scored TDs every trip to the redzone. Your QB had 2 TD passes on only 7 attempts. Would you say your offense had a good day?"

CPJ: "You guys need to pay attention more to what's going on and quit blowing smoke up our a$$! We had two false starts that backed our team up 5 yards on 3rd and short, our ABs were running around not blocking anyone, and the someone gave me a Coke without ice at halftime...WITHOUT ICE!!! That's just un-American..." (Drops the mic and walks into the locker room shaking his head)

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Also, for some reason I really love that UTEX_ME on that ShaggyBevo sight. Can't put my finger on why. :whistle:

Was thinking it might have been a member on here posting over there. Then I read their post and my my that poster has some great opinions.....

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
We actually got a lil love on Secrant when they were discussing underrated teams.

Ummm, I need to juice up my avatar.

Bobby Dodd was approached by Texas to become HC after the '56 season; obviously Dodd declined. But Dodd, and Duffy Daugherty up at Michigan State, both suggested that Texas should take a hard look at an assistant coach at Washington, a young fellow named Darrell Royal. One might say that things worked out pretty well. ;)
and the rest is history

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Very nice: I like the one where the post list schools and had Oklahoma at about 10th... funny from a Texas fan
Mine are:
Navy (from my Marine Corps Days) Army / Navy game is still a must see for me.
Florida
Oklahoma (From the OK / Miami rivalry in the 80's)