GT in Barclays Center Classic

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech men's basketball (5-1) travels to Brooklyn, N.Y., to face undefeated Mississippi (4-0) Friday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. in the Barclays Center Classic. The winners meet for the title at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, while the losers meet for third place at 2 p.m. Saturday.
The Rebels destroyed North Carolina A&T (84-50) and Mississippi Valley State (111-82), opponents assigned to both Ole Miss and Tech as part of the Barclays Center Classic event.
Tech defeated North Carolina A&T, 78-71, and MVSU, 76-59, at home this week.

Both of Tech's games will be televised on the NBC Sports Network.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Both games should be entertaining, and big tests for this team. We are no longer young and inexperienced, we need to close out games that are back-and-forth and I feel like these games will be very close and come down to the last few possessions. If we are to be a tournament team, this weekend will most likely show us that.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
25-16 OleMiss leads with 7min left in 1st half.

We're characteristically struggling to manufacture shots. OleMiss has hit a few key three's and should be up by more.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't understand how these guys are 4 star guys but miss so many shots. Bolden needs to start shooting better.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
We are woefully underprepared this game, and really lethargic... I am very dissappointed in the team with the effort in the first half.

We look clueless on offense and we aren't playing with any urgency at all.

Games like this will turn a fan base against a coach very quickly.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
We have recruited better than these guys, I guess while we were recruiting we forgot we needed someone to actually put the ball in the net.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
If I were Gregory, I would be seriously worried about my future employment here at GT. MBOB has a proven track record of hiring very good BBall coaches.

If we play like this through the year, we are going to be very low in the ACC standings.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand how these guys are 4 star guys but miss so many shots. Bolden needs to start shooting better.

These guys play in so many high school all star games, but the rankings are based on athleticism--not shooting ability.

You need good athletes to play defense. But if they can't score, they are athletes and not basketball players.

Stephens is the only guy we have with shooting ability. He would start for me, even if he is a defensive liability as a slender freshman.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Bolden shouldn't be starting, hell he shouldn't be getting more than ten minutes a game. He is terrible. Carter needs to look in the mirror and figure out if he wants to play big boy basketball or be content on being a waste on the court. Golden cant' do everything for this team. I'm fearful it is going to be another long season for the Jackets.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, that was ugly...at least from the box score. I didn't get to see the game, but it looks like we will continue to struggle until we can 1)shoot from 3-pt range [1-10 in the 1st half=game over] 2) feed the post [Miller had 2 shot attempts?] and 3) play good defense [I thought we were improving, but it looks like they shot pretty well, and we are not getting the blocks we got last year].

We really need a win today to regain some confidence. Never judge a season by one game...but that one might be a harbinger of what's to come...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah my optimism has eroded quickly. We have a season much like last season ahead i think.

Too bad. We should be getting better.