GT Hype Video - Turned Down For What?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
THANK YOU for including Golden's returns... I feel like those are just glossed over by so many because he's so good we've come to expect it.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
How fast did Snoddy hit that hole and start pulling away from folks on the little "pitch" from Thomas?

My recollection: Timing of the play was off because (1) Wofford outside read guy "slow played" causing Thomas to slow down and hesitate, (2) meanwhile Perkins' block flipped the Wofford outside player up in the air and he landed in Snoddy's path. When the pich was made and caught both Thomas and Snoddy were virtually stopped. Snoddy was the beneficiary of several blocks or near blocks and it probably took him about 15 yards, maybe more, to clear the traffic from where he caught the pitch. Blocking got him to the second level and speed from there made it a long play. Maybe his speed turned a 15-20 yard gain into a 65 yarder. IMO If he cuts left at the 25 he scores.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see a wider angle of that play. I'd like to see where the safety came from that caught him. Snoddy absolutely pulled away from everyone around him but the safety came flying in to push him out-of-bounds. He (safety) took a great angle, but I was surprised that Snoddy was caught seeing how he accellerated away from his pursuers.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see a wider angle of that play. I'd like to see where the safety came from that caught him. Snoddy absolutely pulled away from everyone around him but the safety came flying in to push him out-of-bounds. He (safety) took a great angle, but I was surprised that Snoddy was caught seeing how he accellerated away from his pursuers.

I believe it was the far side corner back that caught Snoddy. He started the play deep on the far side of the field and head on Summers. Summers was on the heels of the Wofford CB and could have blocked him if Snoddy had tuned left around the 25 toward Summers and behind the pursuing CB. Milton made a similar run down the sideline in 2013 for a pic 6 and made that left turn to cut behind the pursuer and scored untouched.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I believe it was the far side corner back that caught Snoddy. He started the play deep on the far side of the field and head on Summers. Summers was on the heels of the Wofford CB and could have blocked him if Snoddy had tuned left around the 25 toward Summers and behind the pursuing CB. Milton made a similar run down the sideline in 2013 for a pic 6 and made that left turn to cut behind the pursuer and scored untouched.
Snoddy is a track guy, he's gonna try to outrun everybody. It's in his DNA.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Snoddy is a track guy, he's gonna try to outrun everybody. It's in his DNA.
Completely agree, his stride length says it all. He had no intention of getting caught. Even when he did get caught it didn't seem, at least by his body language, like he thought he did anything wrong. I bet he wins that race against most CBs