GT Hoops General Topics

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

this type of comment, is the first thing I hope goes away during the CDS regime

We are exactly opposite of SD State. We are not physical and do not force our opponents to endure body on body contact all over the floor. But, we had one of our best nights shooting and Miami was off. In spite of its 2023 reputation, the ACC had talent. Not as much as in the past for certain. Watching Miami has been fun for most ACC fans because they were not a dominant team in our league, losing to both FSU and GT.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The proof is in the presser for Stoudamire. If you read between the lines, NIL $$$ being available for Stoudamire was one of things Batt and Cabrera sold Stoudamire on. Stoudamire wasn't shy about talking about it, and Cabrera wasn't shy saying he wanted an AD that would embrace NIL and get the ball moving building GT's NIL program. Enter Batt. He's been relentless with touching base with donors, building up the donor base outside of the "old guard". They are also working on revenue streams that make GT less dependent our donors who come with some baggage. (Just see the search for our FB HC for an example of the strings some donors attach to their $$$).

It's not a coincidence that Collins and Pastner were both fired around the time our NIL program was getting started. I think a LOT of decision makers and donors wanted a fresh start with our flagship programs before investing big NIL$$$ into a coach.
With our research prowess we should be able to feed the NIL kitty from the big boys. You just need a leadership team capable of connecting the dots and executing.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
We are exactly opposite of SD State. We are not physical and do not force our opponents to endure body on body contact all over the floor. But, we had one of our best nights shooting and Miami was off. In spite of its 2023 reputation, the ACC had talent. Not as much as in the past for certain. Watching Miami has been fun for most ACC fans because they were not a dominant team in our league, losing to both FSU and GT.
GT was their worst ACC loss by far this season in the regular season. We beat them by 6 points. All 4 of their losses were 1 possession games. That GT beat Miami was the biggest upset in the ACC this year!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
GT was their worst ACC loss by far this season in the regular season. We beat them by 6 points. All 4 of their losses were 1 possession games. That GT beat Miami was the biggest upset in the ACC this year!
Watching Miami in their latest game I could not believe how many 3 point shots they were draining. That has to cool off. When it does will they have a strong enough inside game to make up for it?

I ask because they look like the kind of team that can blow out an opponent in one game and then get blown out in the next game depending the kind of shooting night they’re having.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Watching Miami in their latest game I could not believe how many 3 point shots they were draining. That has to cool off. When it does will they have a strong enough inside game to make up for it?

I ask because they look like the kind of team that can blow out an opponent in one game and then get blown out in the next game depending the kind of shooting night they’re having.
They have 3 amazing guards and a great big. If they played defense, they’d be an odds on favorite. But as it stands, they can have 1 of those 4 guys put up a **** evening and still beat most teams. They had 3 play terribly against us, which is why we beat them - might have been Wong’s worst game of his career.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Possible Pastner took his foot off the gas on tracking academics, as we had nobody on the All-ACC Academic team.

Perhaps we really are going all in on hoops and gonna settle for C's to keep kids eligible and I'm fully on board with that.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
IMG_6558.jpeg

I went home for lunch today and my wife had Family Feud on from 2020. BJ Elder’s family won their fifth game in a row. They took home the car 😀. @Peacone36 This is your guy!!!!