GT Hoops General Topics

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I think I’d rather just go with Pastner’s idea of a 28 game round robin ACC schedule. The Greensboro bracket is alluring but this doesn’t even measure up against Main Event, Maui, Phil Knight, or Atlantis. Not sure how many eyeballs it would get in reality.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Kristian Sjolund sighting as he drills a triple to bring Portland within a point of Michigan State. He is currently third on the team in scoring and shooting 38% from deep on 34 attempts.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Considering we've got broad thread for recruiting scuttlebutt & the preseason outlook, thought it might make sense to start a thread that is for general use related to GT hoops. Could discuss anything from Gani Lawal signing to play in Turkey to Iman Shumpert's latest rap song to former Jackets finding success elsewhere.

For instance, the New Mexico job now compensates similarly if not better than ours. Take that for what it's worth.

Damn, Noodles would have been a great hire to replace Pastner.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Damn, Noodles would have been a great hire to replace Pastner.

Pastner's first year was Neal's last at NMSU. From his wikipedia.

"On March 31, 2017, New Mexico fired Neal 3 weeks after Lobos AD Paul Krebs announced that Neal would return next season.[11] Acting university president Chaouki Abdallah stated: "The decision made late tonight comes after lengthy consideration in light of recent developments that cannot be ignored.""

Also, there are reports of less than flattering accounts of him from members of his staff.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I am watching the Pitt/Northwestern game. I forgot about Robbie Beran. I know we were in his final list. 6’10” big averaging 10 points, 7 boards. He just hit two threes. He would have fit nicely in our Princeton offense with the big at the top of the key. Too bad we couldn’t get him to Tech. Hard to believe he is a senior already.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
off topic here but has anyone seen a vendor selling area rugs of the GT floor with Cremins court on it? I’m looking to finish out the cave and the only one I found had a black border and hardwood that doesn’t look the same. I’d rather have it look like the actual floor.

Thanks in advance.