GT Hoops General Topics

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Considering we've got broad thread for recruiting scuttlebutt & the preseason outlook, thought it might make sense to start a thread that is for general use related to GT hoops. Could discuss anything from Gani Lawal signing to play in Turkey to Iman Shumpert's latest rap song to former Jackets finding success elsewhere.

For instance, the New Mexico job now compensates similarly if not better than ours. Take that for what it's worth.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Heard NBA radio discussing Shumpert in relation to the supposed deal of Shump for Faried from a few years ago. As Faried is beasting for Team USA and Shumpert hasn't been injury free since then.

The host was a Frank Isola (a NY guy) and he said Shumpert has all the tools to be great but his attitude has been his biggest drawback. He basically said Shumpert acts as if he's Melo and worries too much about building his brand. The other host was Malik Rose who said he spoke with one of our former coaches (O'Conner) who said Shumpert does everything a coach can ask for in terms of working, playing both ends, etc. Just needs to tone down the attitude.

Shumpert is one of my favorite players so I hate to hear the criticism. Hope he stays healthy and continues to improve. He still has a shot to be really good.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Considering we've got broad thread for recruiting scuttlebutt & the preseason outlook, thought it might make sense to start a thread that is for general use related to GT hoops. Could discuss anything from Gani Lawal signing to play in Turkey to Iman Shumpert's latest rap song to former Jackets finding success elsewhere.

For instance, the New Mexico job now compensates similarly if not better than ours. Take that for what it's worth.

So, Noodles is making dough!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Heard NBA radio discussing Shumpert in relation to the supposed deal of Shump for Faried from a few years ago. As Faried is beasting for Team USA and Shumpert hasn't been injury free since then.

The host was a Frank Isola (a NY guy) and he said Shumpert has all the tools to be great but his attitude has been his biggest drawback. He basically said Shumpert acts as if he's Melo and worries too much about building his brand. The other host was Malik Rose who said he spoke with one of our former coaches (O'Conner) who said Shumpert does everything a coach can ask for in terms of working, playing both ends, etc. Just needs to tone down the attitude.

Shumpert is one of my favorite players so I hate to hear the criticism. Hope he stays healthy and continues to improve. He still has a shot to be really good.

Isola & O'Conner are full of it.

Shumpert is building his brand, but go look at how many instagrams there are this summer of him in the gym. Also, his team first attitude has greatly improved from his time at GT. Shump kinda drove me nuts when he was at GT, because he was more focused on his pro audition, imo, than winning. The year of Favors should've been a lot better had he& Lawal been fed the ball properly.

Shump is first full on back from injury now, imo, and he's been busting his rear to get ready and put his athleticism back on display, which will function better in the Triangle. He's been a spot shooter from the corner past year or so, which was never his game.