GT Hoops General Topics

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to recall a poster that was, or had been, associated with the band. If so, and you are he or she, I wonder if you could ask why the pep band no longer plays Alexander's Ragtime Band prior to the game? I always thought that was a great tradition and I am sorry to see it go. Thanks.
I had no idea what song you were referencing, but after YouTubing I recognize it distinctly. Isn't this the song that the band effectively took to run down the pregame clock to introductions? Man, if this is gone, I'll be sad too. Listening to the song just now took me right back to a ton of great memories and pregame build-up/hype.

(Start at 2 min)

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Too bad we don't have an ACC experienced and competent 5 this year. It is the Achilles heel of this team and will probably put us at the bottom of the league with Pitt. Would like to see a little more offense out of Moore. He doesn't always look for his shot. Next year could be really tough.
Wake has been a surprise and what a quick turnaround for them. They found a good coach.

gtgaas

Georgia Tech Fan
Agreed, I noticed they weren’t playing it this year. I miss it, I heard that song and was ready for basketball

It took me awhile (many years ago when I started paying attention) to realize the connection between Alexander's Ragtime Band and Alexander Memorial Collesium. At least the band still plays Thriller before the start of the second half in homage to the Thrillerdome.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The great Kenny Anderson on NBARadio today. Nothing earth shaking.

Currently HC at Fisk University, which I didn't know. Says he's just trying to give back to honor his HC coach. Says he's still recovering from the stroke he had a while back but is doing well.

Nothing GT-related which is unusual. They usually at least bring up Cremins.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've said for a while we shouldn't even show him on campus any more, but at what point do we call bull**** on Ken s and his never ending gotcha attempts. He can go **** off already.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I've said for a while we shouldn't even show him on campus any more, but at what point do we call bull**** on Ken s and his never ending gotcha attempts. He can go **** off already.

I agree with you, but coaches never bad mouth each other or other teams. We won 40 straight games in high school and you would have thought we were facing NBA teams night after night instead of future KA intramural guys. That's just coach speak.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Huh? I'm guessing you just read the "Georgia's going to be really good in the SEC." twitter quote and didn't read the rest of the article which pretty much lauded Pastner for being right about the ACC...and makes note with that UGA quote to temper Pastner's ability to predict good teams.

Suguira can be a bit "special" at times, but that piece was not one of those times. I thought Ken gave Pastner a lot of credit for some of his predictions in that article...and he lauds Pastner for other things.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Huh? I'm guessing you just read the "Georgia's going to be really good in the SEC." twitter quote and didn't read the rest of the article which pretty much lauded Pastner for being right about the ACC...and makes note with that UGA quote to temper Pastner's ability to predict good teams.

Suguira can be a bit "special" at times, but that piece was not one of those times. I thought Ken gave Pastner a lot of credit for some of his predictions in that article...and he lauds Pastner for other things.
I didn't bother reading the article because he tries to lure you in with the gotcha opportunity.

People are busy trying to give Pastner some credit, but let's make sure we point out the miss.

I make every effort to not read what Ken writes.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I didn't bother reading the article because he tries to lure you in with the gotcha opportunity.

People are busy trying to give Pastner some credit, but let's make sure we point out the miss.

I make every effort to not read what Ken writes.

Gotcha headlines from writers are part of the Twitterverse, unfortunately. You're my dude, DTM...but I think you get a little too sensitive about Ken sometimes. AJC writers come and go and change with the seasons...no reason to sweat stupid sh!t. That's OK...at least we both agree @kg01 has terrible taste in ice cream...and that will never change.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gotcha headlines from writers are part of the Twitterverse, unfortunately. You're my dude, DTM...but I think you get a little too sensitive about Ken sometimes. AJC writers come and go and change with the seasons...no reason to sweat stupid sh!t. That's OK...at least we both agree @kg01 has terrible taste in ice cream...and that will never change.
You just provided the perfect analogy. Ken's writing is akin to the ice cream @kg01 chooses.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

You just provided the perfect analogy. Ken's writing is akin to the ice cream @kg01 chooses.

It warms my heart to see you two fine, upstanding gentlemen brought together by your mutual admiration of your peer.

Citizen Kane Happy Cry GIF

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

This post cracked me up. CJP in the background during Jordan Meka's farmer carry at the end like "I'm literally surrounded by a bunch of goofy idiots and these bunch of goofy idiots are gonna be ACC champions in 11 months." This is gonna be a fun team.