GT Hoops General Topics

slugboy

Staff member
Would have loved to have seen him with last year's team. Probably the most complete center to play for GT in the last decade. Unfortunate for Ben we never had the talent around him to get to the NCAA tournament.
Well, Favors was here in 2010, which just ekes out of the last decade. I’d have enjoyed watching either of them with last year’s team.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Team USA ignored some good players. The Nigerian team is legit, though.

Watched the game - Okogie played well but isn't a core guy for them. Agada is tough and will be on someone's roster next year.

The interesting part of watching the game was it was a combination of 2021 5 out offense and 1980's blood required for a foul officiating - with the different goal tending rules thrown in. Nigeria shot the ball incredibly well and played really physically. For someone like me who doesn't particularly like today's NBA it was a fun game to watch.

FWIW if they play again in the real olympics I think the USA wins by 15. USA missed a ton of shots - Beal isn't going for 2 again and Durant didn't try to take over until it was too late. But Nigeria is definitely fun to watch.