GT Hoops General Topics

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Anybody have the scoop on Tristan Maxwell? I know they were working him back in slowly after the injury but he did get in one game...and then disappeared. He didn't even come in when we were up big and the bench emptied. Has he been on the bench? Is he injured again? Did Pastner forget he is there?

Ideally, it would be great to get him some minutes this year, as I think we will need him next year. Even this year, it would be nice to add another good shooter to the mix.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Anybody have the scoop on Tristan Maxwell? I know they were working him back in slowly after the injury but he did get in one game...and then disappeared. He didn't even come in when we were up big and the bench emptied. Has he been on the bench? Is he injured again? Did Pastner forget he is there?

Ideally, it would be great to get him some minutes this year, as I think we will need him next year. Even this year, it would be nice to add another good shooter to the mix.

My guess is with the type of injury he had we probably think that bringing him back too early and risking a set back isn't worth the type of minutes he'd be getting. I believe he was seen in a boot sometime after the game he was brought in to. My guess is at that point they just decided to go full rehab and prep for next year for him.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck

He played in one game but was back in a boot afterwards. I think it is the right call to essentially shut him down for this year to fully heal and come back next year. Foot injuries can be tricky.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Am happy to see this. Especially agreed with this bit:
“I’ll always look at him as a mentor,” LaBarrie said of Hewitt. “Not everybody disappeared on me, but a lot of people did. When you go through that type of trial and tribulation, usually your real friends and the people that care about you are in contact a little more than normal. I think this is one of those cases, for sure.”

Hewitt saw LaBarrie’s violation as a mistake by a good man, and one for which he has paid too steep a price.

“I was disappointed in how he was treated, and I felt like he needed to be back in coaching,” Hewitt said.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Am happy to see this. Especially agreed with this bit:
“I’ll always look at him as a mentor,” LaBarrie said of Hewitt. “Not everybody disappeared on me, but a lot of people did. When you go through that type of trial and tribulation, usually your real friends and the people that care about you are in contact a little more than normal. I think this is one of those cases, for sure.”

Hewitt saw LaBarrie’s violation as a mistake by a good man, and one for which he has paid too steep a price.

“I was disappointed in how he was treated, and I felt like he needed to be back in coaching,” Hewitt said.
That's how I look at it and why I think we should absolutely consider rehiring DLaB at some point in the future.