GT Hoops General Topics

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wha? A semi-positive GT mention in an ACC ranking ...

really-tell-me-more.gif

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/25/acc-basketball-power-rankings-duke-virginia-unc

6. Georgia Tech: The Yellow Jackets went a surprising 11–9 in the ACC last season despite a postseason ban, and while some of that was due to the conference’s overall lack of depth, the bet here is that this team will keep improving thanks to the return of four starters.

charlie.gif

I know Timmy. It's strange. Makes me queasy too. But what's this? One of their "burning questions" ....
Is Georgia Tech ready to break out?

suspense.gif

Oh no, no .. you gotta click through to read the answer on this one, bro's.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Calling it now. No worse than 9-2 OOC and 12-8 in the Acc. That’s 21-10 with at least one W in the ACCT. If we stay healthy and can play at a faster pace, cut down TO and get Jose, Mike and Maxwell knocking down 3’s consistently, we could be a second weekend team in the NCAAT.
Replacing Banks is huge but I think we will be ok having a small lineup with Moses at the 5. Saba and Meka can give enough minutes or Howard if eligible, to help out in the post.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I would really like to see us put an alumni squad in this one year.
And someone needs to pick up Will Bynum
Been saying this for years to anyone willing to listen
https://gtswarm.com/threads/remembe...ip-game-team-because-we-can.8861/#post-198551
What else?

There were numerous other contributors during that run with less significant minutes – Robert Brooks, Theodis Tarver, and Mario West to name a few – all of whom made the squad what it was.

Can we relive the glory? This year, doubtful.

But here’s one semi-realistic possibility, potentially for a good ol' social media campaign. The Basketball Tournament is an event that started in 2014 comprised of many former college players and teams. In 2014, a team of former Notre Dame players took home $500,000 by winning the tournament. In 2015, another team of former D1 players (St. John’s, St. Joseph’s, Texas, etc.) currently playing overseas took home $1,000,000.

What do you think Tech fans? How ‘bout reuniting them 2003-04 Jackets in 2016!? It can't hurt to dream.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I think that every year with Boeheim's Army. Then I'm reminded that many of the rosters are good on paper and it often comes down to actual cohesion and who's kept in shape.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think that every year with Boeheim's Army. Then I'm reminded that many of the rosters are good on paper and it often comes down to actual cohesion and who's kept in shape.

Just saw Eric Devendorf’s name. I remember playing pick up ball with him when he was in high school (He actually went to school here in MI, Bay City, before going to Oak Hill) That kid was really damn good. I played with and against Mateen Cleaves, Charlie Bell and Mo Pete in HS and Eric was just as good if not better than those guys were.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw Eric Devendorf’s name. I remember playing pick up ball with him when he was in high school (He actually went to school here in MI, Bay City, before going to Oak Hill) That kid was really damn good. I played with and against Mateen Cleaves, Charlie Bell and Mo Pete in HS and Eric was just as good if not better than those guys were.
What you're really saying is, you have the credentials to play for the TBD GT squad?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
What you're really saying is, you have the credentials to play for the TBD GT squad?
Hahaha no. With 2 knee surgeries and 1 on my ankle, there’s no way i could run up and down the floor more than once. At this point in my career, I’m just trying to give quality minutes in the 30 and over leagues I play in! Lol

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha no. With 2 knee surgeries and 1 on my ankle, there’s no way i could run up and down the floor more than once. At this point in my career, I’m just trying to give quality minutes in the 30 and over leagues I play in! Lol
"Glue guy"

We'll also need someone to lead the bench mob

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Sounds like you're the 'old-head' at the courts now. Alls you gotta do is have a wicked post game, no matter if you're a big man or not.

When your squad is on d, just camp out at half court like you're about to have an asthma attack. But immediately perk up if your team gets a stop. Actually ... shiiiii, do the same if your team gives up a basket. All you're there to do is get buckets, sun.

On those times you do eventually come across half court on defense, you gotta give wicked-hard fouls then scream "All bawl!" Don't you ever, and I mean never, admit to committing a foul. Oh, and I don't care if the ball rolls off both your hands. You always dispute the call. It's never out on you.

Speaking of which, your shooting percentage is n ow set at 100%. If a shot misses, you scream "AYE, thas-a-foul!" like somebody stuck a hot poker in your eye. And, while the rest of them fools complain and say you're full of it, just go to the line, shoot your free throws, and walk back on "defense". By the time they realize you've granted your own technical free throws, you'll be posted up at halfcourt waiting for your 'mates to d-up.

Then, if your team gets down by too much, just walk off. No need to tell your team they're now playing 4-on-5. They'll understand. They'll never pick you up again when it's time to pick squad, but you don't need to care about that.

There's always another court where they don't know your act yet.

:cool:

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like you're the 'old-head' at the courts now. Alls you gotta do is have a wicked post game, no matter if you're a big man or not.

When your squad is on d, just camp out at half court like you're about to have an asthma attack. But immediately perk up if your team gets a stop. Actually ... shiiiii, do the same if your team gives up a basket. All you're there to do is get buckets, sun.

On those times you do eventually come across half court on defense, you gotta give wicked-hard fouls then scream "All bawl!" Don't you ever, and I mean never, admit to committing a foul. Oh, and I don't care if the ball rolls off both your hands. You always dispute the call. It's never out on you.

Speaking of which, your shooting percentage is n ow set at 100%. If a shot misses, you scream "AYE, thas-a-foul!" like somebody stuck a hot poker in your eye. And, while the rest of them fools complain and say you're full of it, just go to the line, shoot your free throws, and walk back on "defense". By the time they realize you've granted your own technical free throws, you'll be posted up at halfcourt waiting for your 'mates to d-up.

Then, if your team gets down by too much, just walk off. No need to tell your team they're now playing 4-on-5. They'll understand. They'll never pick you up again when it's time to pick squad, but you don't need to care about that.

This is the most accurate scouting report of my game I have ever seen. I’m going to have my agent submit this and declare myself eligible for this years draft. Lol

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

So you’re saying you have no motor?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Pastner ought to be in politics. He has the ability to stretch the answer to a yes or no question into a full two or three minute reply that never says yes or no.

Also, I think it's interesting that coaches and administrators are already contemplating no basketball. I think basketball with no fans is easier than football because there are fewer people involved.