GT Home Against Pittsburgh, Sunday February 14th @ 4pm

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

I'd expect us being home to have maybe a 3-4 point line, but that's it (if even that). Pittsburgh has had a pretty weirdly good year for them. Their record is almost the same as ours.

Just like we lost to Mercer and Georgia State, they started by losing to St. Francis of PA (LULZ).

They beat Syracuse twice, Duke, and Virginia Tech - but Syracuse/Duke/VT were home. They lost to Wake Forest on the road.

They just lost to Virginia on the road, but by only 7. It was a close game the entire time. Virginia outplayed them in most statistical areas, but Pitt had 14 offensive rebounds to only 4 for Virginia. It feels like thats an area we're vulnerable to when tired. And once again, they've had OVER A WEEK TO REST AND PREPARE and we have to ****ING PLAY WITH 1 DAY OFF.

I'm not bitter.

Deleted member 2897

I’m curious how that loss effects this team. Either they come out flat and lose by 10 or we’re pissed and run them off the floor.

I’ve never seen this team fold like that after a bad loss, so I’m hoping we wipe the floor with them.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Kenpom's model says GT by 5 so the line will be close to that.

They rebound well and don't shoot very well. They don't turn it over much. Forcing turnovers is the key for GT.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’m curious how that loss effects this team. Either they come out flat and lose by 10 or we’re pissed and run them off the floor.
The latter. I have more faith in a Pastner team to react that way to Friday's loss than probably any other team in the ACC. If the heart and hustle aren't there tomorrow, it would be the first time in a while. Nobody can claim that Josh Pastner's Georgia Tech doesn't scrap.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The latter. I have more faith in a Pastner team to react that way to Friday's loss than probably any other team in the ACC. If the heart and hustle aren't there tomorrow, it would be the first time in a while. Nobody can claim that Josh Pastner's Georgia Tech doesn't scrap.
People can complain about a lot of things about our basketball program, but if you’re claiming we don’t have heart you’re not watching our games. This is one of the grittiest teams I’ve seen in a long time.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
People can complain about a lot of things about our basketball program, but if you’re claiming we don’t have heart you’re not watching our games. This is one of the grittiest teams I’ve seen in a long time.
It's been true since Pastner came to helm in 2016. The clever defenses and fight are the edge an academics-first school like Georgia Tech needs to be competitive in the ACC. I still wish we would add an athlete's major or 2 though. Josh Pastner shouldn't be telling recruits that they'll have to pass Calculus to play on the team.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’m fully expecting us to win by double digits.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’m expecting the latter. From both Jose personally (expect some chest pounding tonight) and from the others in picking up their leader. We’ve gotta break out of this shooting slump or it won’t matter who we play.

Deleted member 2897

I continue to be worried. Not about our guys hearts or capabilities...but the scheduling. What’s worse than playing a team on 1 day of rest when they get a week? Playing a team on 1 day of rest after having played that game on 1 day of rest (and even another a couple days before that) and your opponent has a week off to rest and prepare. WE’VE PLAYED 3 GAMES SINCE PITTSBURGH LAST PLAYED.

This will be our 4th game in 8 days. Bull****.

Last edited by a moderator:

slugboy

Staff member
Maybe coach Rev can shoot 3’s

We should be able to win this. I’m sure we’ll play with grit and determination. I’d love to see the guys play with a smile on their faces, even while playing tough.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
This is the game I was more worried about the legs being an issue for rather than clemson. Hopefully playing at home helps a bit with that. Also, we absolutely need to extend a lead if we have a chance. Nursing a lead can help us keep legs fresh a bit.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Kenpom's model says GT by 5 so the line will be close to that.

They rebound well and don't shoot very well. They don't turn it over much. Forcing turnovers is the key for GT.

I’m expecting the latter. From both Jose personally (expect some chest pounding tonight) and from the others in picking up their leader. We’ve gotta break out of this shooting slump or it won’t matter who we play.

Forcing turnovers will be key, but my first thought was that we need to shoot better, as Connell noted. 4-21 from 3 vs. UVA. 2 missed free throws before Clemson's hail mary. Both games very winnable. Need to get points when we can. If we can't score, doesn't matter how many turnovers we force.