GT hires Chip Long as new OC/QBs Coach

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He was fired. Decent production...except in games where it mattered.

This is a horribly unimaginative hire.

To give how unwanted Chip Long is on the national level, after ND, he did not get a job as an OC. He became an analyst for Tennessee. Under Pruitt. Then, he was hired as OC for Tulane. And their offense was not good. They went 2-10.

This just helps confirm that TStan and Collins will be gone next year. Maybe after the first 4 games.
Exactly but for financial reasons they will see the season through

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Pretty decent hire, wonder how he will mesh with Collins approach or if this will help change the approach.

Now just need to know what the deal is with DC .

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
It is interesting to see how many people are saying this is a lousy hire before the first game he coaches for GT. Both Memphis and ND were very good on offense when he was OC there. With ND it was certainly influenced by talent and Memphis had some very good head coaches. But in the end, he was calling the plays. I can't count the number of people who were upset by our previous OC, his lack of imagination with play calls and not using the tight end. It appears Long does both. Am I expecting a miracle change in offense, no. But I am firmly convinced, there are many people who will complain regardless of any hire. The thing that should cement people's opinion is how we play in games and how much that translates into wins. I for one will withhold judgment until I can witness GT's offense performance under him.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck

To give how unwanted Chip Long is on the national level, after ND, he did not get a job as an OC. He became an analyst for Tennessee. Under Pruitt. Then, he was hired as OC for Tulane. And their offense was not good. They went 2-10.

This just helps confirm that TStan and Collins will be gone next year. Maybe after the first 4 games.
Sure, like there's no way we could have used a recent Broyles finalist from ND the last 3 years as OC. No way I tell ya. As for unimaginative, look where being imaginative got us.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck

If you say so

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer

We haven't event seen one game with him yet and y'all already are tearing him down.
Sheesh