GT Helmet History

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Never use the Carson era Mustard gold - butt ugly!
Like the color on this table covering/flag thing? Because that is absolutely the best gold.
ghows-GA-84f0e96b-285f-4429-a09e-7d08ef401e3b-425b5010.jpeg

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Like the color on this table covering/flag thing? Because that is absolutely the best gold.
ghows-GA-84f0e96b-285f-4429-a09e-7d08ef401e3b-425b5010.jpeg
Mustard has a nostalgic feel to it harkening back to those years before gold was not available in fabric. Fabrics slowly evolved and we are just now getting close to “the right shade of old gold” in a jersey but this color was around a long time and I hate to “throw it away.” Lots of history in that color.

Great photo!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Mustard has a nostalgic feel to it harkening back to those years before gold was not available in fabric. Fabrics slowly evolved and we are just now getting close to “the right shade of old gold” in a jersey but this color was around a long time and I hate to “throw it away.” Lots of history in that color.

Great photo!
The constant inability to match golds is part of why I love this gold. Not only is it extremely unique and not easily confused for any other white/gold/navy school, it's easier to duplicate across different materials and have them match.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete

Great photo!
You should have seen the 1971 Gulden's Mustard ones Carson wanted us to wear.

Picture Day & Peach Bowl 2nd half were the only times we wore..... consider it Sun Bowl hangover/rejection of Carson's pure BS.