GT Helicopter!!!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
dgib.gif

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think we bought it. It looks like stickers were placed on the side, not paint.
Its tail number, which I believe is N102SW (the last letter is cut off in the tweeted pics), is registered to David Lee Aircraft Sales and Leasing which also has a sister company, SOLJETS, which has a branch at PDK. More than likely, this is just a lease, but I love that they put the stickers on it to provide further branding.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Its tail number, which I believe is N102SW (the last letter is cut off in the tweeted pics), is registered to David Lee Aircraft Sales and Leasing which also has a sister company, SOLJETS, which has a branch at PDK. More than likely, this is just a lease, but I love that they put the stickers on it to provide further branding.
It’s becoming more common in business to lease major capital items. You can deduct rent or lease costs annually but you can only take as much depreciation as the government allows for the item. That’s a double edge sword depending on what side of the tax equation you’re on. Also, it frees up capital to expend on other things if you're not having to plunk down the full purchase price.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Why does it matter? Bought, leased, bartered, stolen .. who gives AF?!

Y'all can't enjoy nothin' without nerd'n it up.
He was just responding to the cost being $800k and the finances needed. Nothing wrong with that. Especially on this board where spinners/naysayers always have something to say.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What a typical car salesman move...using helicopters to woo a teenager.

Wait, didn't Saban, James Franklin, Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, etc. use helicopters as well? College football is full of gimicky car salesmens dressed as football coaches...

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s becoming more common in business to lease major capital items. You can deduct rent or lease costs annually but you can only take as much depreciation as the government allows for the item. That’s a double edge sword depending on what side of the tax equation you’re on. Also, it frees up capital to expend on other things if you're not having to plunk down the full purchase price.

Yeah many major programs have used helicopters in recruiting and I'm guessing most are leased. Branding is dope (nice). Love it.

Last edited: