GT - GSU Post Game Thread

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the glass half-full, I'm hoping our defensive issue's are a product of a young defense. But, if we don't figure out someway to put pressure on the QB ... yikes.

My concern on offense is not adjusting to the opposing teams halftime adjustments. My observations on this is that their linebackers and DB's were crashing down on the corners taking away thw outside and they were winning the LOS battle inside. IMO, this created a problem because our passing game is not consistent enough to take advantage.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think it was White who got flagged with a CS interference penalty in the first half IIRC.
Two different plays. On the GS touchdown White got pushed. Until then he was stride for stride with the receiver. Earlier when he was flagged he grabbed the jersey of the receiver before the ball arrived.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Ill thirdsies this. They should show this as the video of NOT how to make a tackle. Its the defenders running where the player is, not where hes gonna be. Then when the defender is close by, they dont breakdown in a squated position and get ready to wrap up the ball carrier. Also I agree about the push off on DJ White. He clearly had good position and then all of a sudden its a catch for a TD. Cant believe the refs didnt catch that. Guess the upper north endzone is a better view than field level.
It was definitely a push and you could see it on TV too. But, that is unfortunately part of the game. Sometimes the refs call it and sometimes they don't. Hopefully he will learn some tactics to counteract push offs in the future.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the glass half-full, I'm hoping our defensive issue's are a product of a young defense. But, if we don't figure out someway to put pressure on the QB ... yikes.

My concern on offense is not adjusting to the opposing teams halftime adjustments. My observations on this is that their linebackers and DB's were crashing down on the corners taking away thw outside and they were winning the LOS battle inside. IMO, this created a problem because our passing game is not consistent enough to take advantage.
I saw the offense's problems at the start of the second half as more about the offense than about the defense they were playing against. As the score got close these "shooting yourself in the foot" mistakes seemed to get compounded by a certain "tightness" coming over the players, like, "Lord, we better score because our defense can't stop them, yikes!" Nervousness, pressing and mistakes do not help when the other team has momentum and confidence. On the game winning drive Tech went back to what had been working, bore down and just executed better.