GT @ GSU 1/4

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
This should, on paper, be an easy game for us.. GSU's RPI is 133 (http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html).

From ramblinwreck.com: Tech is 60-10 all-time versus Georgia State and has won four straight games in the series. Tech is 25-6 on the road (not too far on the road) versus the Panthers.

First pitch is after 6PM today. Not sure who will start on the mound today. Perhaps it will be Parr or Sneiderjans with Zac Ryan cleaning up later.

Listen on Wrek: http://www.wrek.org/player/
Gametracker: http://www.ramblinwreck.com/gametra...ol=geot&sport=mbasebl&camefrom=&startschool=&

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just have to remember that the game is played on the field. Any team is beatable, in essence, that is why the game is played. [emoji2]

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm looking forward to a good game. If we play good D, we should be just fine ...... as long as our pitchers throw strikes.

Parr just walked the lead off batter. He should be replaced now. But I guess we'd have to have someone better ..... burned a lot of pitchers last night and the VT series is a lot more important than this game.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
We are 4-0 against schools in Georgia, going for 5-0. We still have games against Ga. State (1), UGA (2), KSU (1) and Mercer (2) to go after today.

The weather is gorgeous today.. Ice cream weather. :)

Justus walks and Bailey singles. We have two on with no one out at the T2. Peurifoy has an infield single (actually a sac. bunt that they can't get him out as he beats out the throw). Next, Wruble hits it to 2B who makes an error (by they rule it a hit), and a run scores with no one out and the bases are loaded! Tech leads 1-0.

Spingy loops one over the pitcher and it falls in the infield. The ref. calls an infield fly. Only one out, gah! A DP ends the inning... :(

Last edited:

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
The Panthers go down 1-2-3 in B2. Going to the top of the 3rd... Go Jackets! Parr throwing strikes! Hope he goes deep in to the game today.

Tech leaves one man on base, heading to B3.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Panthers half the lead to 2-1, and were threatening to tie it up, but the D steps up and gets a timely DP to end the inning.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech adds two more runs in the top of the 5th, and Parr quickly gets a 1-2-3 inning to head to the top of the 6th. Tech leads 4-1.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
6-3 GT here in the top of the 8th ..... after two 2 out insurance runs and still going.

Parr did a great job 84-60 strikes. 71%. In 5.2 innings. Started slow and then got going. We needed a long job to save some relief pitchers for VT.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am very hopeful we can win this series against VPI&SU. I know the have shown they can compete with, and beat, anyone...as their earlier series sweep against UVa demonstrated. But goodness, I hope we can start playing as well in league as we do out of conference.