GT getting a transfer

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So. What do we know about this guy? Any hope that he will make an impact? At the least, he will add to the depth and competition at a position of need. As far as I am concerned, RT is wide open for business.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, he has been put on scholarship now.

We also have a chance to add one more transfer before the season starts.
This signifies he's expected to contribute rather than be an experiment.

On your second point, is the other transfer possibility also someone who's expected to be eligible this season?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
So. What do we know about this guy? Any hope that he will make an impact? At the least, he will add to the depth and competition at a position of need. As far as I am concerned, RT is wide open for business.

He didn't start playing football until his Junior year I believe...he committed to Cincy earlier in the process and then flipped to TCU (dads alma mater) when they offered during the Summer before his Senior year.

He's a big kid at 6'5 285 and moves around well...Coming in a T and as you mentioned...have to hope he gets cleared this year.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
He didn't start playing football until his Junior year I believe...he committed to Cincy earlier in the process and then flipped to TCU (dads alma mater) when they offered during the Summer before his Senior year.

He's a big kid at 6'5 285 and moves around well...Coming in a T and as you mentioned...have to hope he gets cleared this year.
I imagine it will take atleast a year to pick up the wierd assignments we do. Still couldn't hurt to have some more bodies there.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
TCU was his dad's alma mater. When they offered, he flipped to them.
Now, I think he just wanted to be closer to home. I've been to Texas. Can't blame him for wanting to come back to GA.:)
Ft Worth just doesn't have the trees that Atlanta has.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Now, now. He's been to Fort Worth. Admittedly, that'd be enough to put most people off Texas for good. The parts of the state around San Antonio and Austin, however, are quite nice. Weird, yes, but nice.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I heard (made up) a rumor that Kenyan Drake wanted to commit to GT but we had already taken Custis. Now that Custis is gone, Drake is coming to play with the Days brothers.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I heard (made up) a rumor that Kenyan Drake wanted to commit to GT but we had already taken Custis. Now that Custis is gone, Drake is coming to play with the Days brothers.

Haha...I don't see Kenyan coming to GT.