GT Football in his veins

Do you think he has a chance to lead the ACC in rushing?

• 50%

Votes: 44 88.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

kirkbenson71

Georgia Tech Fan
Some say I exaggerate when I say Kirvonte has been committed since the beginning. Well I found an archive photo of him at 11 years 247 days, 13 hours, and 38 seconds of life. Whooooo (in my Ric Flair voice) you gotta love GT Football. ACC watch out a K trains coming thru in 19 days....

Attachments

• pon3.jpg
    pon3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 336

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He looks very ready from all the photos I have seen this year... I hear the K Train whistle blowing 1st downs already.

The poll should say "yes, he will lead the ACC" or "no, he will lead the ACC" : ) Because we know he will!

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Some say I exaggerate when I say Kirvonte has been committed since the beginning. Well I found an archive photo of him at 11 years 247 days, 13 hours, and 38 seconds of life. Whooooo (in my Ric Flair voice) you gotta love GT Football. ACC watch out a K trains coming thru in 19 days....
Dude, your post have me chompin at the bit to see what Kirvonte does this season. It's crazy to think that he is a junior, I felt like he was a veteran on the team last season as a sophomore. Here's hoping he improves on already good stats and leads the COUNTRY in rushing! Anyone know how he did during the scrimmage?

Deleted member 2897

His biggest competitor is splitting carries and blowouts against folks like Alcorn State and Bowling Green.

Over the last several years, there is usually just 1 or 2 guys who break 1200 yards rushing. I think Benson can do that even if splitting carries. But to actually lead the ACC takes more like 1500+ yards rushing.

If we actually play 12 games this year, win the Coastal (13th game in ACCCG) and play in a bowl game (14 games), all that will obviously help too. He's going to have to average over 100 yards per game, through tough defenses, blowouts where the starters sit, and splitting carries. If he can break off some long TDs against the easy teams before having to sit, that will go a long way.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
19 days, wow!!!!!! it’s getting close. Excited to see him out there!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I have zero worries with Benson. If the Oline does their job he will run over, around, and through defenses.

Does that mean he can’t improve from last year? Heck no. He can still improve pad level and speed hitting the hole.

I think he might be our most gifted bback since Dwyer. He has a year as starter under his belt. He will make plays. I think our O will roll again this year. Next year will probably be down again. Especially if we lose Braun.

The D? We will see.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I have zero worries with Benson. If the Oline does their job he will run over, around, and through defenses.

Does that mean he can’t improve from last year? Heck no. He can still improve pad level and speed hitting the hole.

I think he might be our most gifted bback since Dwyer. He has a year as starter under his belt. He will make plays. I think our O will roll again this year. Next year will probably be down again. Especially if we lose Braun.

The D? We will see.
Why would we lose Braun? I’m assuming you mean because of the draft? I definitely think he’s an NFL talent but most guys don’t declare after their junior year unless they are a 2nd round pick or so. Not saying he can’t be that, but he will need to add some good weight for that imo.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Why would we lose Braun? I’m assuming you mean because of the draft? I definitely think he’s an NFL talent but most guys don’t declare after their junior year unless they are a 2nd round pick or so. Not saying he can’t be that, but he will need to add some good weight for that imo.
I think he is saying that if the injury bug hits parker we will have an issue

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully he racks up over 200 yards against alcorn in the 1st half. Then another 150 against bowling green.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Saw him at fan day. He has nothing but good weight, his body is NFL ready now imo. He’s pre-season all conf this year.

For selfish reasons I want him back of course. But I think he could go pro early.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Saw him at fan day. He has nothing but good weight, his body is NFL ready now imo. He’s pre-season all conf this year.

For selfish reasons I want him back of course. But I think he could go pro early.

I actually wouldn't mind him leaving early if he is a lock to be drafted. The BBack should be the premier position for our offense, yet we haven't had anyone drafted since Allen and he was a 7th rounder. With Dwyer toting the rock the first two years I figured we would be cranking out NFL picks at the position but that hasn't been the case. If we can start getting our BBacks drafted again I think that could help recruit more studs for the position.

I know it doesn't help that many of the guys we have recruited for the position end up leaving school for one reason or another.

ETA: Nevermind I see this post was about Braun and not Benson. Either way, the point stands! Lol

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

If his listed weight is right, 280 is still about 15 pounds off from what most teams will want imo. I do think he can get there though. Good to hear he looked good at fan day though!

Cam

Helluva Engineer
The single season rushing record for Georgia Tech is 1562 yards by Eddie Lee Ivery, followed by 1473 yards (1204 regular season) by Tashard Choice, and 1447 yards (1140 regular season) by PJ Daniels. If we had played UCF last year, there's a chance Benson would already hold the #3 spot for regular season yards. While Ivery's 1562 in 11 games might not be possible to eclipse with how much we distribute the ball, I think Benson has a chance to pass Tashard Choice if what we've heard about his improvement is true.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

I can’t really see an OL in our system getting the attention necessary to be an early entry, just because of all the questions about how they’d translate from our offense to the pros. Having Shaq tear it up in NE certainly helps the case, but even he is treated as an outlier whenever they talk about how well he’s adjusted to the NFL game. I do expect Will Bryan to get some NFL love after this year and hopefully be a mid round draft pick.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
I think he's on track to get his degree after spring semester, correct me if I'm wrong. That's incredible considering he did not red shirt. Dudes a rock star on the field and in the classroom.