GT Football 2023 Roster News

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Tried searching for a thread to put our roster/player news. Didn't find one...Mods please fold into appropriate thread if I overlooked it.

Updated roster news with a short note on our recent 2023 signee loss:

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Tried searching for a thread to put our roster/player news. Didn't find one...Mods please fold into appropriate thread if I overlooked it.

Updated roster news with a short note on our recent 2023 signee loss:

Bryce Dopson? Explore other opportunities? We were his best offer by far.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wing was a known project with tremendous size. Reed Jr. was a 4 star from Louisiana that couldn't get on the field at Auburn or here. I had high hopes for Dopson.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
At the risk of sounding like a jerk...this is a good thing. We just got back 3 scholarships at the expense of 3 guys who were likely never going to contribute here.
Was thinking the same thing. 3 more potential portal spots. I would love another punter or DL

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
At the risk of sounding like a jerk...this is a good thing. We just got back 3 scholarships at the expense of 3 guys who were likely never going to contribute here.
You don't sound like a jerk at all. It's kinda unfortunate but this is the way we have to think now. We need guys who can get on the field. It is now a two way street for sure.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
No need to feel bad about this sort or thing. This is the way things will be going forward. Every man for himself, dog eat dog, if you are not making a meaningful contribution will be shown the door. Probably should have been more this way in the past. College football is now strictly business. If you are going to compete you best learn to make money and the only sure route to that is to win.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No need to feel bad about this sort or thing. This is the way things will be going forward. Every man for himself, dog eat dog, if you are not making a meaningful contribution will be shown the door. Probably should have been more this way in the past. College football is now strictly business. If you are going to compete you best learn to make money and the only sure route to that is to win.

Yeah, IIWII.

I kinda wish this message board was run the same way. I got eyes on a few underperformers...

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of underperformers, didn't someone mention Key said he doesn't need a Get back coach?
What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF
Unlike some, Coach Key has the good sense not to act the fool and require a "get back coach" which seems to have reached the level of just more entertainment for the masses who are amused by such antics.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Unlike some, Coach Key has the good sense not to act the fool and require a "get back coach" which seems to have reached the level of just more entertainment for the masses who are amused by such antics.
You know, I don’t mean to pile on to our buddy @kg01 but I always thought a coach needing to literally hire someone to help them keep their composure sent a fairly awful message to their players about how to conduct themselves in the game.