• Start date

Deleted member 2897

GT (2-2) @ Florida State #15 (3-0), 8:30pm EST
ACCN

KenPom:
Georgia Tech: #71
Florida State: #12

We are 8.5 point underdogs.

MJ Walker (remember him? LOL) is their leading scorer at 17.7, 8th in the ACC. The next highest scoring player is #32 in the ACC. In other words, they spread the wealth around a lot.

Florida State is the single worst shooting team in the conference, at 43.0%.

Florida State beat North Florida, unranked Indiana by 2 (but KenPom #14) and unranked Florida by 12 (but KenPom #24).

My gut tells me we have to play significantly better actually than we played against Kentucky and Nebraska. We had very few turnovers, compared to a lot for the other team, which helped mask our shooting woes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 68-58 type of game. I'm hoping we continue to improve a lot with our new practice style and two-a-days.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Florida State is the single worst shooting team in the conference, at 43.0%.

If we can stay out of foul trouble, and make them shoot outside with our zone we have a chance.

I'm afraid they may be good enough to pressure our zone from inside the paint in which case we will not stay out of foul trouble.

/

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
A win tonight would help continue our quest to erase the stain of the first two losses, but FSU will be tough. Rooting for the Jackets!

slugboy

Staff member

Deleted member 2897

8:30 tonight on ACCN.

The FSU fans did a preview at https://www.tomahawknation.com/flor...-georgia-tech-preview-how-to-watch-vegas-line that basically calls us “Alvarado and Wright and not much else”.

From the Rumble Seat did a better job looking the other way: https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2020/12/15/22175469/georgia-tech-basketball-florida-state-preview

Point of concern—we’re turnover-prone and they get a lot of steals.

Well then they’re MJ Walker and that’s it.

We average more points than they do. They’re last in the ACC on FG%. Idiots.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
He tried hard but this is a game Parham will struggle in. Devoe finally got it going at the end of the half. Gonna need more from the two big seniors than 1 for 3 from the field.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Nothing this team does makes me think they are tournament caliber. FSU is a bad matchup, but problem is GT isn’t a bad matchup for anyone with the extreme lack of athleticism in the backcourt.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I guess we still just don’t have anyone that can knock down an open three consistently
To add, this is actually getting to be ridiculous. We absolutely have to have a player that can consistently hit an open three. I feel like Marvin Lewis was the last one we had. Just too many wide open opportunities in this game. If we make just three more of these shots we are winning the game right now.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Pastner knew for two years Banks would be gone after last season. It’s inexcusable that he wasn’t able to bring in a front court player to help Moses. Meanwhile Cole goes for 31 and 10 against a Pac 12 team.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
They made their shots and we didn’t, and that plus the size mismatch was too much to handle. Still encouraged we made a game of it. Probably need to win the next four now (three nonconference and UNC at home)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
They made their shots and we didn’t, and that plus the size mismatch was too much to handle. Still encouraged we made a game of it. Probably need to win the next four now (three nonconference and UNC at home)
Yeah, I'm proud of the way they fought back. I think we can beat them in Atlanta, but we need Howard or Saba to give us 5-10 minutes.
Also, I've been really impressed with Moore this year. He isn't a star, but he gets a stat in every category and you need a guy that can do that. I hope he keeps it up.