GT fans

HenryUsher

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s been great to watch and support the team. Sometimes things don’t go as planned. We all hope for a great season but only one team can win. I applaud they effort the team and staff did this year. For the nasty remarks from people that sit behind the computer. Shame on you. I wish the players could come to your job or life and critique you. My sons career is over at GT and I could not be prouder. 🐝

Ehb

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s been great to watch and support the team. Sometimes things don’t go as planned. We all hope for a great season but only one team can win. I applaud they effort the team and staff did this year. For the nasty remarks from people that sit behind the computer. Shame on you. I wish the players could come to your job or life and critique you. My sons career is over at GT and I could not be prouder. 🐝
He has been an absolute joy to watch and will be sorely missed. He will be successful no matter his next chapter. We should all wish to have half of his passion, determination, and charisma!

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Thank you for your support! You have every reason to be proud, Jordan was a beast, glad he was a yellow jacket for a few years. Ignore the boos, they usually come from the cheap seats 🙂

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@HenryUsher tip of the cap to you and your family. Jordan is a helluva player and even better man (I don't presume to know him personally, but from everything we have seen and anecdotal stories floating around staff and people close to the program he is a consummate professional).

I will miss the off the court stuff (UshTV) and on the court heroics like the above video, or his diving play on the ball late last night. Sometimes we as fans forget how lucky we are to have athletes and coaches that don't do anything that make it hard to root for them.

I have been frustrated (as I am sure you and the team have too) at how the season went, some of the sets we ran and bounces of the ball. Through it all though your son, and his teammates, have done the work on the court and in the classroom to represent the best of what we can be. I am truly sorry some of the internet warriors we have around here show us the worst we can be.

I am often reminded of the great Teddy (not Valentine)'s speech when reading this board:

"Let the man of learning, the man of lettered leisure, beware of that queer and cheap temptation to pose to himself and to others as a cynic, as the man who has outgrown emotions and beliefs, the man to whom good and evil are as one. The poorest way to face life is to face it with a sneer. There are many men who feel a kind of twisted pride in cynicism; there are many who confine themselves to criticism of the way others do what they themselves dare not even attempt. There is no more unhealthy being, no man less worthy of respect, than he who either really holds, or feigns to hold, an attitude of sneering disbelief toward all that is great and lofty, whether in achievement or in that noble effort which, even if it fails, comes second to achievement...

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. Shame on the man of cultivated taste who permits refinement to develop into fastidiousness that unfits him for doing the rough work of a workaday world. "

Jordan recently talked about becoming a man here at GT. Hats off to him and know he will have a network of ardent supporters in this world wo stand ready to support, encourage and celebrate him in his life.

slugboy

Staff member
I do wish the school ran a mandatory “How to win friends and influence people” class for every student. People like to vent on boards like this, but…

I’m happy your son and most of the team got a championship last season, and I wish they could have had one this year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
I do wish the school ran a mandatory “How to win friends and influence people” class for every student. People like to vent on boards like this, but…

I’m happy your son and most of the team got a championship last season, and I wish they could have had one this year.
Another reason Coach Pastner should get credit beyond the W-L record. He embodies Homer Rice’s Total Person concept and develops men, not just players.

PearidgeRambler

Georgia Tech Fan
Right on, Usher. Jordan has been a joy to watch develop, & play. He is exactly what should be looked for in a young man. Cheers to you & your Family. Thank you all for being great people.
P.S. - to hell with georgia, & the punks that talk sh!t about GT.

gt69hjcollins

Georgia Tech Fan
As a graduate of Tech I am aware that Jordan did not choose the easy way when he picked Tech. He has been a joy to watch, always giving 100%. The energy he brought to the team was unbelievable. Furthermore, he has been an excellent ambassador for our school. I wish him success in any thing he chooses to do. I will miss him.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Your son embodies all of the great qualities- excellent athletic ability, energy, drive, hustle -just fun to watch. But even more impressive is his attitude- humbleness and appreciative towards others. He is and will continue to be a success in life. I had hoped for more wins this year as well but I still have admiration for all of the Tech athletes and coaches who put in tremendous hours to prepare for the games that are played.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Echoing what was said about Jordan by many above.

Also want to say sincere thanks to you for being a vocal member of this board. It has to be hard to see the ill-informed hot takes when the team struggles. Jordan is your son and those barbs must sting. Through it all, you stayed here, didn’t lash out and didn’t leave when things got silly. Jordan seems to have a really solid role model at handling himself with class and grace. Well done!

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I think any nasty remarks were about the coaches, not the players

GT11

GT Athlete
I’ve watched you son at Wheeler, at practice and games at tech. I’ve had conversations with him and he his pleasure to talk to. His drive and heart is what we want at Tech. I’M PROUD TO HAVE HIM REPRESENT GT AS AN ATHLETE AND ALUMNI. Also want to be the first towelcome him to the GT LETTERWINNERS club where we are a FAMILY FOR LIFE