Film Study GT Def. Breakdown vs. UNC

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Excuse the kids in the background smh

Ok performance for the most part. If we were simply good, this would've been 38-3 38-10 type of game.

By far Brant's best game. Curry, eh, not so much. Hurry up still catching us out of position. This game highlights some of the great work our DL has been doing all season.

Awareness and ball skills are still not good for the DBs

If we can continue to get penetration in the backfield vs. Miami and UVA. we will be bowling for the holidays

slugboy

Staff member
I'll give it a look. I usually think kids in the background are just fine, especially if they're happy. (y)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Brant seemed to be. closer to l o s , moving forward at the snap, and then sliding towards his idea of where the play is headed.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
When he did, good things happened like TFLs or minimal gains. Unlike offense, you can sometimes get away with just being decisive and physical.
You briefly mentioned that when we play Miami we have to be sound when defending the bubble screen. How exactly do you defend against a bubble screen?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
You briefly mentioned that when we play Miami we have to be sound when defending the bubble screen. How exactly do you defend against a bubble screen?

I think we demonstrated how NOT to defend the bubble screen last year so maybe do anything but that. Thinking about that game still makes me mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alagold

Helluva Engineer
it looks like the DL is doing as well as they can with 3.Poor Simmons just can't make a play it seems.Mitchell had big game (as did their MikeLB--16 tackles).
Critical to get those ints.Evened out our fumbles. AMA is a beast--too bad he is a SR.
Hopefully we can keep uM bumbling along.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
It seemed like Brant was blitzing a lot in the first half. Do you think that helped with Brant’s problems from earlier in the year? He seemed so much more decisive, and I wonder if it is because they took the decisions away from him and just forced him to just hit up in there.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
It seemed like Brant was blitzing a lot in the first half. Do you think that helped with Brant’s problems from earlier in the year? He seemed so much more decisive, and I wonder if it is because they took the decisions away from him and just forced him to just hit up in there.
he did say in the press briefing that he called him own number a few times on getting aggressive after the ball, so maybe?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I almost wonder if brant is so worried about making the wrong read he reads to slowly. He didn't seem to have that problem his freshman year when Nealy was making the reads.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I almost wonder if brant is so worried about making the wrong read he reads to slowly. He didn't seem to have that problem his freshman year when Nealy was making the reads.

Agree with this. Like to see LBs aggressive to the ball.

Unlike offense, you can sometimes get away with just being decisive and physical.

Defense is so much more fun when you play physical. Isn't that the idea behind the Woody defensive style. Aggressive and physical.

BRING BACK THE BLACK WATCH!!!