GT D-Line Plays on MNF

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Iirc, neither guy was that highly ranked out of high school. Sometimes you get lucky. We gotta get lucky more often.

I think MJ was a 4 star by one service...though at TE. Crazy athleticism and upside, but was extremely raw. Didn't even start until his last year here.

Vance Walker was just a good job scouting by the staff. 2 star from the Carolinas, and VT came sniffing around at the last minute.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Say what you will about Chan, but the guy had an eye for talent. Nobody picked up on Walker and MJ wasn't thought of for D by anyone else, apparently. (No wonder at 6'6", 215 in high school.) Not only that, but he took most of the good players and sent them directly over to Tenuta without so much as a shrug. Coach wants the top people for the O, which makes sense. It's hard to get equal talent on both sides of the ball at most schools and Tech is no exception. As Chan's offenses showed, btw.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched a little of Oakland vs San Diego Christmas eve. Since I watch practically no pro ball, I waited to see in any former Jackets showed up for either team to decide who to pull for. It didn't take long to hear Attaochu's name called. In the little I watched, he was in on whole bunch of tackles. Apparently pro offensive linemen don't have any better luck blocking him than college linemen did.