GT - Clemson

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Golden gave us a hell of a year. Hopefully Jorg can fill his shoes
Jorg needs to practice the floater and finishing through contact. I know he can shoot open shots and dish the ball already. We have nobody who can get in the lane consistently and unless MGH or Tadric can do it next year we will continue to struggle.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tadric had a sick finish through contact against a much larger Elijah Staley in the state championship game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good finish to the year by the team.

As a note, all three teams which played on Wednesday lost on Thursday. I would expect at least three of the four teams which played yesterday to lose today. It's got to be hard down the stretch two days in a row to go to play. Miami faded at the end just like we did.

I like the ACC tourney format though since it rewards play throughout the year and makes the regular season games more important.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
The guys looked tired at the end of the game. Announcers said Daniel Miller ate 4600 calories yesterday to have energy for the game.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Good finish to the year by the team.

As a note, all three teams which played on Wednesday lost on Thursday. I would expect at least three of the four teams which played yesterday to lose today. It's got to be hard down the stretch two days in a row to go to play. Miami faded at the end just like we did.

I like the ACC tourney format though since it rewards play throughout the year and makes the regular season games more important.
Not to mention we would have been take to the woodshed by Duke today had we made it to the game. Dead legs from 2 late night OT games in a row, Refs calling for Duke, and we suck against Duke anyway... recipe for disaster

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Not to mention we would have been take to the woodshed by Duke today had we made it to the game. Dead legs from 2 late night OT games in a row, Refs calling for Duke, and we suck against Duke anyway... recipe for disaster
Yea but losing to Duke and losing to Clemson are 2 totally diff. Animals. Clemson sucks, Duke doesnt. We got outsmarted and out hustled last night. I hope Tadric IS that guy next year.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yea but losing to Duke and losing to Clemson are 2 totally diff. Animals. Clemson sucks, Duke doesnt. We got outsmarted and out hustled last night. I hope Tadric IS that guy next year.
On paper, we definitely have better talent, but saying that Clemson sucks is a stretch. They've had a good season and Brownell is a great coach. He has them scraping for every play and imposing their will on the opposing team. We should be afraid for what next year brings from them. They signed a 2G that puts up 30-40 in HS on the regular. A Clemson team that scores points starts becoming scary.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Funny @Peacone36. Agree with @MGTfan though. They certainly not as good as we've made them look over the past few years. We certainly shouldn't be in the midst of a 10IAR streak against them.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Ok... they dont suck but its KJ McDaniels and thats it. They have great coaching and play hard. But we should beat them most years. We lost that game, they didnt win it. We hang with Clemson... We dont with Duke. Theres the difference

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We were more talented than Clemson by a good bit. Clemson would love to have R Carter,Miller, and Golden especially.

We do not manage the end of games well at all. Composure is a big deal in Bball and this team has issues with sustaining composure in tough situations. We lost many games in the last 3-5 min that we shouldn't have...falls on CBG.

Also, I hope Bolden leaves.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
All those that state that CBG has to go... I'm sure that good ol' CBG teaches players to take bad shots, miss open shots, make poor passes and to let the other team score...

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
All those that state that CBG has to go... I'm sure that good ol' CBG teaches players to take bad shots, miss open shots, make poor passes and to let the other team score...

No, but he did recruit the players that take bad shots, miss open shots, make poor passes and to let the other team score. That's like saying Chan should still be at Tech because he didn't teach Reggie to throw incompletions.

Also, CBG did allow RCJ to stay on the floor when he was 5 for freaking 21. He also benched Kam, who was one of two players actually doing anything.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We were more talented than Clemson by a good bit. Clemson would love to have R Carter,Miller, and Golden especially.

We do not manage the end of games well at all. Composure is a big deal in Bball and this team has issues with sustaining composure in tough situations. We lost many games in the last 3-5 min that we shouldn't have...falls on CBG.

Also, I hope Bolden leaves.

Dang homey! Shots fired, shots fired. Honestly, if you asked me to describe how a player would look if he knew he wasn't gonna be back next year he'd pretty match that description to a T.

That said, if he gets "right" he'll be a huge asset to the team. So I'll just root for him to get to work and get back to playing like a guy trying to earn a spot rather than appearing to play like a guy looking for a soft place to lay down.

Also, I've resolved to stop bashing our coach so I can't tell @awbuzz how misguided his sarcasm is.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone else getting a little tired of RCJr shooting so many 3s? I'm okay with him shooting them if he's wide open, but he should never take a pull-up 3 with a man on him. Next year especially, we need him to be a strength on the inside, not lurking on the perimeter. Last night was like watching J Smoove with the Hawks, but without the athletic plays inbetween the dumb ones.

Omahajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Can someone confirm that the call on Heyward? The commentator seemed to overreact until he saw the replay. There were many key moments/plays that led to our loss but that was the biggest one in my opinion and has left me with a more sour taste in my mouth than Miller's botched dunk, which was extraordinary to say the least. I am assuming that it is viewed as a moving screen but it seemed so "bang-bang" to blow a whistle on. Ultimately we had a few calls go our way and they definitely did too, but I am very bitter about the Heyward Handoff