GT - Clemson

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
honestly I think 50/50. With Carter for a full season I think our record would be close to the Clemson/FSU level. I really think our team would have been a borderline tourney team.

Our main issue is PG play, and that hasn't changed. If Trey has a good game or little Ironhead, then we will probably win, if not we will lose by 10.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think our odds are whatever the percentage has been for other teams in the ACC tourney who play a fresh team the day after playing a game. I'd guess 25%.

If we were both fresh on a neutral court, I'd give us 50/50 since we have more people healthy than either of the two times Clemson beat us this year.

This site gives us a 31% chance. But I think that % is only based on past performance, doesn't reflect who we have healthy and doesn't take into account that we played an OT game last night. http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/matchup/yellow-jackets-tigers-2014-03-13

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
It's what, a 9 game losing streak against them? We're due to win. If we get more production out of Dan and equal production to last night out of Carter and Holsey we should do alright. Hope we can ride the winning high. I said it on the other thread and I'll say it again, Stacy Poole is going to be an x-factor in this game. If he can give us some solid minutes w/o turnovers and maybe a bucket or 2 all while giving our starters some rest I think we have a really good chance to move on.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I honestly wanted Clemson in the tournament because I thought we could beat them...so I'm optimistic tonight.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I honestly wanted Clemson in the tournament because I thought we could beat them...so I'm optimistic tonight.

With BC/Clem/Duke I think we got a pretty good draw. Well, maybe with the exception of Duke. Beating them in Greensboro is near impossible which we've learned many times in years past.

We certainly have a chance tonight. What worries me is, as @GTNavyNuke said, where will our legs be. We looked beyond sluggish to start last night. They picked it up after halftime but looked tired again late. I'm hoping we don't see 10IAR tonight but the odds are stacked against us.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Clemson doesnt look good on paper but they play good team ball consistently and they have an excellent coach. If we play well we will win. Now the "its hard to beat a team 3 times" is in our favor. Hope we handle it better than BC.

Omahajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
It's what, a 9 game losing streak against them? We're due to win. If we get more production out of Dan and equal production to last night out of Carter and Holsey we should do alright. Hope we can ride the winning high. I said it on the other thread and I'll say it again, Stacy Poole is going to be an x-factor in this game. If he can give us some solid minutes w/o turnovers and maybe a bucket or 2 all while giving our starters some rest I think we have a really good chance to move on.
All of this and either Q or bolden to hit a couple threes in the first half to make them respect the perimeter

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I like our chances against Clemson better than any other team we could have played in the second round. Time to beat Radakovich.

Agreed. I saw a tweet attributed to him after our last game vs. Clem espousing his undefeated record against us in fball and bball since ditching us for orange ties. Stay classy DRad.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
670px-Make-Orange-Crush-Step-1.jpg

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It's at least since they've had KJ McDaniels. I think we have a chance against them but I also think Clemson is a much better team than they are given credit for.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Id like to see Poole on McDaniels personally. But for some odd, strange reason, we are going to see KJ run the offensive game right out of MGH while Bolden is chasing butterflies at halfcourt.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I'd be shocked if Poole even gets off the bench once. I think Gregory wants him to peace out in the offseason.