GT @ Clemson Projections

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm thinking 35 to 24 Climpson. I am not convinced that our offense has gotten over the turnover bug, and I think Boyd and his receiving corps are dangerous. We will keep it tight for three quarters, but Climpson will go off in the 4th quarter and pull away. I really hate those guys......

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is due to Clemson. I don't think their loss to FSU can be considered Clemsoning as FSU might be the best team in the nation. We're their last chance. They will crush the Citadel and USCe is supposed to be a close game.

Realistic prediction: we'll cover the spread but lose a close one in death valley 30-27.

Homer prediction: Jemea covers Sammy so tight he's invited to the next Watkins family reunion, and Attaochu's shoulder pads must be surgically removed from Boyd's torso after his 5th sack of the day - defense wins it 21-14

Alexlongstride

Georgia Tech Fan
Clemson is due to Clemson. I don't think their loss to FSU can be considered Clemsoning as FSU might be the best team in the nation. We're their last chance. They will crush the Citadel and USCe is supposed to be a close game.

Realistic prediction: we'll cover the spread but lose a close one in death valley 30-27.

Homer prediction: Jemea covers Sammy so tight he's invited to the next Watkins family reunion, and Attaochu's shoulder pads must be surgically removed from Boyd's torso after his 5th sack of the day - defense wins it 21-14
awesome

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Tech can win this game.

Offense:
Do what you do best. Ball control. Keep Boyd and company off the field.
Vad will have to use his legs to keep drives alive.
Run right at their DE. Beasley is a freak with a 400+lb bench but he's not as good against the run.
Take your shots deep. Also what happened to the screen game. Exploit Clemson's young secondary.
NO Turnovers

Defense:
Young gonna have to have an out of body experience and play out his mind
The front four will have to get pressure because we'll probably be playing a lot in sub packages.

Clemson know's Tech offense and has experience defending it so they won't be shell shocked at the TO I would use it sparingly against them. With that said I can't predict Tech being victorious Clemson is that good. Clemson 31 Tech 20

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we can keep clemson to 30 points or under which is all you can ask of them. Our offense needs to rise to the occasion. Clemson is not THAT good on defense. Vic Beasly is banged up too. I just don't have enough reasons to believe that they will but I think they are capable of doing so...

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Stanford's victory over Oregon showed the template that GT can use to beat Clemson: Long, soul-sucking offensive drives paired with aggressive defense. I don't know if GT will win, but I know they can win.

If I had to predict, I'd agree with 30 -27, Bad Guys

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I personally think that Clemsons D line will run roughshod over our Oline. I don't think our Defense will be able to keep us in this one. 42-17 bad guys.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
If we play death march football and do what we are supposed to (little to no turnovers with maybe 1 punt) then we can win.

If we play like we did against Pitt then its a loss.

SkyBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I have a perfect way for us to win. I pick Clemmons 28 - Jackets 24. That should guarantee us a win. This works almost every time. I pulled for UGAG against Clemmons and look at what happened.
Of Course, I hope I am wrong as usual.
SkyBuzz

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
For the season, gt has scored 2.9/poss and allowed 1.6. Cu has scored 2.6 and allowed 1.4. Averaging those gives you gt 2.15 to cu 2.1. A 13 poss game is gt 28 cu 27.

However, I think our D is doing much more now than in the early games. I don't think miami puts up 45 on us now. Admittedly, they're the best o we've faced, but setting that game aside, we're top10 in yds/play d. We'll be the best D cu has faced since fsu who held them to 7 until garbage time.

Remember, Syracuse is the number 3 team in the Atlantic.

I also think that our focus problems go away. Think 2008. We averaged 22 pts/game before our last bye and 43 after. Also, we put up 483 yds 8/play ag cu last year. Their D is better this year, but can still be out-schemed.

GT 36-13

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I guess I say this every week; if Tech can block the Clemson defense GT can win.

The new depth chart is out today, 11/11/13 - Beno back as a backup at OT and Griffin back as a backup at corner.
And Griffin in as KR with Sims.