GT changing ticket policy for ugag game

Deleted member 2897

One of Georgia’s many National Championships: Away Game Attendance National Champions, Spring Game Attendance National Champions, The Fulmer Cup National Champions, Recruiting Class National Champions, Pre-Season National Champions, This Is The Year Again National Champions.

Good to see us taking monetary advantage over their Away Game Attendance prowess.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Smart- everyone is selling them to dawg fans anyway, might as well make some extra money on them. If it’s ~10K tickets and we make and extra $50 per seat that an extra $500,000 in the coffers

I imagine season ticket holders can still by extras. I bought 4 a few weeks ago for $100 each.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It's a good thing that we will not be selling tickets to the brokers so they can make a fortune. I can't figure out why we ever did that. Maybe some of these rich mutts will actually now be giving their big bucks directly to Tech.

I don't think GT was marketing to brokers. Brokers were purchasing season tickets solely to sell them. I don't know if the GTAA has any limits to try to prevent that, but brokers will find ways around limits. That is why you have to tap dance around captchas and such to buy tickets on ticketmaster.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I don't think GT was marketing to brokers. Brokers were purchasing season tickets solely to sell them. I don't know if the GTAA has any limits to try to prevent that, but brokers will find ways around limits. That is why you have to tap dance around captchas and such to buy tickets on ticketmaster.
Yep. And they automate these purchases with bots, despite laws that are intended to make the process illegal.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yep. And they automate these purchases with bots, despite laws that are intended to make the process illegal.
And the brokers figured out pretty quickly that they could outsource the captcha solving to “call center” type places in India, where they’re answering one after the other for hours a day. Whatever system they come up with to solve the secondary market issue, the brokers will find a workaround within days.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
For the past several seasons, a Tech alum in the row behind me would bring “clients” to the game, usually fans from the other team. To add to the obnoxiousness, he would bad mouth our team all game to ingratiate himself with his guests. Do any of you do this or have to endure this?

/CSB

stech81

Helluva Engineer
For the past several seasons, a Tech alum in the row behind me would bring “clients” to the game, usually fans from the other team. To add to the obnoxiousness, he would bad mouth our team all game to ingratiate himself with his guests. Do any of you do this or have to endure this?

/CSB
No what section are you in ? Not sure you can do much about it other than move.

jepherson

Georgia Tech Fan

/CSB

Not saying that this is okay... but this is a part of life as a football fan. I went to Climpsun last week and heard fans in their stands trashing their team, in the midst of a massive victory. It's unavoidable, to an extent. Win and it gets better, but it doesn't go away.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

/CSB

You should start quoting him to his clients. "That's not what you said last week..."

It will expose him as a phony.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
You should start quoting him to his clients. "That's not what you said last week..."

It will expose him as a phony.

I don’t want to hurt his business, but I’m surprised he hasn’t moved. I get loud and stand for most of the game. His cross to bear is his wife can’t handle her alcohol so I always ask him about his lovely wife if he leaves her at home. Sorry I don’t have any pictures.