GT - BYU game thread

Rammy

Georgia Tech Fan
My frustration is with the play calling, especially when passing. While I understand we need to throw the deep ball from time to time to keep the defense honest, it seems like we try and air it out every single time! With this type offense we should be hitting quick routes with the A Backs, etc. Especially when our O-line sucks at pass blocking.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
My frustration is with the play calling, especially when passing. While I understand we need to throw the deep ball from time to time to keep the defense honest, it seems like we try and air it out every single time!
That's what it looks like based on who the QB tries to throw to but CPJ mentioned last week that we need to do better are running the right routes and throwing to the hot routes. This is not a playcalling issue.

ToddM

Rammy i am with you, but

Lee simply missed Godhigh, who was open, I think it was late 2nd, he threw high to Smelter I think late 3rd and we really don't know where it's suppose to go when it's snapped. I think Lee is panicking very fast. I think the offense doesn't work with either QB as long as our strongest asset- the o line, looks like 12th graders.

John we were saying the same thing at the same time, we are more coordinated than our line !

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
The offense could use a BYE this week to regroup and rework the fundamentals of our offense. I feel like our offense has lost its identity and there aren't any plays that we are actually good at running. It's clear to me that the problems on offense isn't something that can be fixed with just week-to-week adjustments.

Rammy

Georgia Tech Fan
And that is my frustration; Lee does look like he is panicking because our O-Line offers him no protection and he scrambles. Until the O-Line can pass protect, we need to make the passing game simple with quick dump offs, then open it up for the big pass. At least an a attempt for a quick dump off pass want result in a 10 yard sack with Lee scrambling around. Sorry, just frustrated!!!

ToddM

No Rammy , you are good,

I think the pick 6 was a simple out to smelter, Vad didn't see the defender right in front of him. They are all off and it is a snowball