GT - BYU game thread

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Justin or Tim should start next week.. I want Vad to succeed but I don't think many schools would start him after this performance

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Connors! How great. Am I the only one still watching? Our second string is doing pretty good I'd say.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
It was after our loss to BYU last year that started the Tevin 2-series and Vad 2-series thing.

ToddM

I think we just saw the conversion to Thomas for the year but it ain't gonna address a lack of football acuity. This is not all coaching, there a severe lack of tackling, effort, physical coordination, common football sense and focus.

This team looks like it's staffed with 12th graders, dangle a toy in front of them and they loose focus.

For the first time in CPJs tenure they really do look like a high school offense.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think we just saw the conversion to Thomas for the year but it ain't gonna address a lack of football acuity. This is not all coaching, there a severe lack of tackling, effort, physical coordination, common football sense and focus.

This team looks like it's staffed with 12th graders, dangle a toy in front of them and they loose focus.

For the first time in CPJs tenure they really do look like a high school offense.

... hate to say it, but that appears to be too true...

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
The o-line is the worst I think I've ever seen it... They get into the backfield so fast. It's unreal. Plus the false starts, the encroachment... It is a very bad combination.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, I wanted to reserve judgement until after the BYU game. I hate it, but we are not a good football team this year. O-line and perimeter blocking (with an exception or two) have been bad. Very bad.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I do not see anything wrong with Vad Lee except inexperience. If someone had blocked BY # 3 and BY # 44 it would have been a close game.

Thomas was against their reserves.

ToddM

I think they still win 7 as we are about to see a drop in competition. BYU, Miami, and Va Tech are drastically better than Pitt, Va and Syracuse. We will beat Ala A&M.

If we can pull one out between Ga and Clemson we win 8 ( believe it or not better than last year)

I prefer Lee be able to stay in there to see the lesser competition but as bad as he is playing it would be hard to argue that.

The o line is what it is and IMO it's the reason Lee is playing so panicked

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
I think they still win 7 as we are about to see a drop in competition. BYU, Miami, and Va Tech are drastically better than Pitt, Va and Syracuse. We will beat Ala A&M.

If we can pull one out between Ga and Clemson we win 8 ( believe it or not better than last year)

I prefer Lee be able to stay in there to see the lesser competition but as bad as he is playing it would be hard to argue that.

I agree. The o-line is really hurting us.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck

Great post and I sure do hope you're right. But Pitt, Syracuse, and Virginia are starting to look much tougher. And we've always struggled in Charlottesville.