GT Brand

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
A lot of people are calling for CPJ's firing. But, whether this happens or not, I feel that he is not the root of the problem. And, his offense is not the root of the problem. Is he part of the problem? Maybe. We will see how it pans out. I do feel that his offense has created a ton of negative media for us and painted a horrible picture in recruiting circles.

Imo, the GT Brand however is the root and it is currently tarnished. I feel that it has been tarnished by a failure of the Institute to properly market itself in regards to sports, specifically football.

Many things have occurred over the last two decades in the landscape that is college football. One of the defining moments for our football program in a negative way is when Dave Braine made his famous 7 win season comment.

I personally believe that whether we fire CPJ or not the real issue is still in existence. The GT Brand.

Fast forward... Mike Bobinski made a statement that he wanted to better communicate the GT Brand. I feel like as of where we stand today, Bobinski is the key player in this whole deal.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with almost everything you said, except for the recruiting comment. We, as fans, make a much bigger deal about it than the kids do. Hell, a lot of kids play in a very similar offense at their high school and consider it a plus. Our recruiting woes are much more due to the GT Brand not being marketed like it could, our original staff under PJ not being very good at it (Roof/Pelton are great additions), and especially The Hill.

The last issue is not going to change. The first two are fixable, and we can definitely do better than we have been.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Hell, a lot of kids play in a very similar offense at their high school and consider it a plus.

For every kid you can name that would love to play in our offense I can give you 5 that don't. I love our offense but the majority of HS kids do not. Not the Flexbone formations. Thus why CPJ brought in the Pistol. And thus why we were able to land kids like Custis.